Polished ARC LS arrived...

BladeDogg

Newly Enlightened
Got this from a fellow CPFer at a deal I couldn't pass up on. Very nice finish that I have grown to love. I just plain love this light. Talk about super pimpin' bling bling!

Came with Fraen optic and ARC blue pouch too!

Can someone tell me how much lumens this puts out. I have been trying to read up on it.

arckubatonon.jpg

arckubatonseiko.jpg

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it is not modified, the output should be as following (quoted from http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22409 ) : "The standard LS use an M-N flux while the Premium uses a P-Q flux."

That is (from http://home.comcast.net/~theledguy/bin_codes/index.htm )
Flux bin........min lumen....................max lumen
M................13.9...........................18.1
N................18.1........................... 23.5
P.................23.5.......................... 30.6
Q................30.6........................... 39.8

Gadget Guy

Newly Enlightened
I'm the new owner of this flashlight and I would like a little more information about it. Any information would be greatly appreciated! :)

Why is it not marked like most of the other Arc flashlights? How old is it?

Gadget Guy

Newly Enlightened
Duh, I just realized that I missed a link with all of the information I could possibly want. I'm stupid! :huh:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Hey, GG! :wave:

For a bit more of history - the Arc LS was *the* first flashlight to use a Luxeon Star (thus the LS name). There's a whole lot of history behind the LS. It's been, what? 6-7 years and there are still a whole bunch of lights that can't match the LS's build quality and reliability.

Of course LED technology has advanced dramatically in that same time and the stock LED is now dim in comparison with Cree emitters, but there's a lot more to flashlights than mere brightness.

You have a piece of history in your hands! (and there's tons of info and mods you can do on it too).

Gadget Guy

Newly Enlightened
Hey, GG! :wave:

For a bit more of history - the Arc LS was *the* first flashlight to use a Luxeon Star (thus the LS name). There's a whole lot of history behind the LS. It's been, what? 6-7 years and there are still a whole bunch of lights that can't match the LS's build quality and reliability.

Of course LED technology has advanced dramatically in that same time and the stock LED is now dim in comparison with Cree emitters, but there's a lot more to flashlights than mere brightness.

You have a piece of history in your hands! (and there's tons of info and mods you can do on it too).

Hey Migs! :welcome: LOL!!!!

Thanks for the help! I really need to spend more time over here so I can get up to speed. All this tecnical jargon leave my head in a fog. :crackup:

Someday I hope to have 1/1000th the knowledge that you do. ;)

TTYL,

GG

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
You have what looks to be the "First Run" LS. First Runs used a low dome Luxeon emiter with an Nx01 optic. The driver was voltage regulated and you could use one AA to run the light using the AA body. This driver really drained the batteries.

If your light is using a Fraen LP optic then the original low dome might have been replaced by a high dome luxeon LED as the Fraen works better with the high dome. Can the previous owner give you more information about your LS?

Bill

greenLED

Flashaholic
GG, can you unscrew the bezel ring and see what type of LED you have?

LS's with Fraen optics are not all that common.

Ninjaz7

Enlightened
Wow,what a beaut...Had a LS-P that was an aluminum finish,but nothing like this.This gives me miles of ideas,nice post.

Latest posts