Anyone wrote a book yet?

Delta

Enlightened
I am someone who has no electronics knowledge whatsoever but would love to learn how to mod lights. There is so much knowledge on this forum I have to wonder if any of the "masters" has ever considered writing a eBook instructional and selling it?

"How to turn a Maglight into a flamethrower 101"

"How to build a Mag85 today and set things on fire tonight!"

"How to mod lights with multiple SSCs/Crees"

etc, etc..,.get the picture?

I have the eBook version of this book:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1600371523/?tag=cpf0b6-20

....and I'm currently using it to write my book. It REALLY simplifies writing a how-to book, and thoroughly explains how to self-publish it.

Who wouldn't buy a Milkyspit how-to book? And think of all the parts he could buy with the profits? There are PLENTY of you on here with varying types of knowledge to where we could easily have 10 different books and all have something new to offer. I'd buy all of them. Yeah, I know it's self-serving, but I'd love to have a good how-to guide with lots of pics explaining how and where to get the right parts, how to put them together, ways to customize bodies, where to get your new light HAIII-treated etc.

NOTE: I am NOT one of the authors of that book, nor am I affiliated with them in any way. I just have it and think it's a easy, simple book. (And I paid almost $30 for the eBook...a week before it came out in print! ARGH!)

What do you think?

Last edited:

Daedal

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure the manufacturers of these lights would be very pleased with the outcome result if you were to include dissected details of a M@G and how to turn it into the only survival tool you need.. :D

Good idea nontheless.

DDL

jason9987

Newly Enlightened
If people can write books that dissect an OS or some software I don't see What mag could do about it if you wrote a book on how to Mod a M@glite It should increase sales in Mags maybe not a noticeable amount but I could guarantee it wouldn't decrease sales. And I don't think Mag's too worried about somebody reverse engineering their lights since they'll sue a company that has a product the least bit similar to a mag,(original Arc AAA)

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have thought of doing it myself. Although I have many modded lights, I have only done some very simple mods with a borrowed solder iron.

I think one would have to get permission to use other peoples pictures in a book. That probably would not be a problem.

I think you would need to put many mods in one book instead of a book for each mod.

Then there is the pricing and marketing to think about. I dont know if you could sell enough to be worth it. :shrug:

mdocod

Flashaholic
it's nearly a book, and it's free, and I wrote most of it with knowledge gathered right here on CPF, link in signature.

Delta

Enlightened
mdocod said:
it's nearly a book, and it's free, and I wrote most of it with knowledge gathered right here on CPF, link in signature.

I just found that yesterday, and I thought the same thing. Helped me alot!