Found another GREAT use for my Draco!

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I can thank fellow CPF member Aepoc for this idea :wave:

Last night, I was having a few glasses of wine with the old lady. After having a few glasses, I had a brilliant idea. I switched the Draco onto it's default "low" level, and dropped it into my wine glass. The results were awesome! :grin2: The shape of the glass allowed the Draco to rest bezel down, providing a wonderful floody flow of light erupting from the base of the glass.

Of course what is a post like this without pics :)

dracoglass.jpg

I continued drinking throughout the evening, never taking the Draco out of my glass. 3 bottles of wine later, the Draco was still shooting out lumens just as is was before I dropped it in. A quick rinse under warm running water, and back in my pocket it went.

Pwallwin

Newly Enlightened
Good job you didn't swallow it, or it could have been shining out of somewhere else! :eek:

TOTC

Newly Enlightened
Strauss said:
3 bottles of wine later, the Draco was still shooting out lumens just as is was before I dropped it in.
So around 15 minutes of testing and runtime? Big deal!
biglaugh.gif
wink.gif

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it!

I had just cleaned and lubed my new LOD-CE w/10440(nice for the price), so turned on strobe and used it to mix a drink. rinse off and back into pocket.

Aepoc

Enlightened
This was my favorite trick with the HDS EDC Ultimate 60. I wanted to do this with the PD but recent water-tight related issues have come to my attention and I believe that this would not be a good idea... At least not for the two hours that Strauss had the Draco submerged.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aepoc said:
At least not for the two hours that Strauss had the Draco submerged.

Suprisingly after the ~2hrs. of being constant on, the light had barely dropped in output. Output on a previously fresh cell went from ~10 down to ~7 lumens. On low the Draco is very usable.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool, I guess this means the Draco is definitely waterproof--something I seemed to have overlooked. One more thing I can brag about when justifying the cost of my keychain light. My boss was shocked how much I spent on my Draco, but he now wants one. Maybe, if I mention it's waterproofness, he'll splurge. After all, he carries a Gucci messenger bag, wears expensive pre-ripped jeans, and walks in Coach (Vans style) slip ons--I think he can afford it.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great story Strauss :party:...:crackup:...:twothumbs

So your Draco needs no heatsink, it has a winesink :grin2:

Don't to forget: red wine preserves your night vision adaption:whistle:

Very best regards

____
Tom:wave:

Last edited:

Latest posts