Leather case design for ARC /Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve_Y

I'm the proud new owner of an ARC LE. What a beautifully engineered little light. In the summer I spend a lot of time in the backcountry, so I like to carry essential gear on my belt. The pictures that appear below show a leather case I recently made to carry my Leatherman Wave tool and my new ARC flashlight. It is only a prototype, so it is a bit rough. But it's quite comfortable on my belt. I expect to get good service from this setup this summer. Thought some of you may be interested in seeing this. Best wishes for the new year!

PS: Question: Anyone know where I can get/adapt a clip for the LE?

case1.jpg

case2.jpg

case3.jpg

Darell

Flashaholic
That is freaking *beautiful*! You can't be coming in here with your first post and showing us all up!
grin.gif

When do you start taking orders? I just happen to have a Wave and Arc AAA needing homes...

For an AAA clip, just swipe one off a pen of the same diameter, or take one off an AAA Minimag. That's what I've done and it works great. Peter is working on offering a clip for that in the near future.

Welcome aboard!

BradN

Newly Enlightened
That's very nice!

You should take a few orders from the forum here. I know I would get something from you.

Caddyshack

Newly Enlightened
Wow - Looks great. How about one in black with a horizontal belt mount and holding a SuperTool plus an LS? Maybe a spare battery in the bottom? Sounds about perfect to me!

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Steve up north..you know that you are now obligated to start taking custom orders from the other members here
smile.gif

Seriously, everyone here has a EDC (every day carry) plus a backup light like a E2e and LE combo. Personally I don't have a proper holster for my smaller lights and would like to get something.

Give it some thought. You have over 3000 captive people here.

Marty

SurefireM6

Enlightened
I want one if you make one in black.

Marty, still waiting for you to sell me your 6P
grin.gif
grin.gif

S

Steve_Y

Thanks to everyone for your very kind remarks about the leather case. Much appreciated, truly. What a pleasure to find kindred spirits who appreciate some of the finer details in life. I am a bit overwhelmed by the interest in obtaining a similar case. I'd certainly like to accomodate your requests, but leatherworking is just a hobby for me, and in the past I have only made things for myself and as gifts to friends (I know, we are all friends here!
smile.gif
). I will have to consider the possibility of making a few more cases. The basic question is: Is it feasible for me to make some cases at a reasonable cost to me (time) at reasonable cost for the recipient (money, maybe trade)? Each case would be custom made, all hand work, therefore time intensive. Let me ponder the possibilities for a day or two and then post a response. Thanks again for the kind remarks!

PS: Thanks to darell for the tip about the clip. I just happened to have a AAA mag around and stole the clip and it works great.

PS: If I make any cases they would all be truly custom made/designed, including color, items contained, layout, artwork, etc.

krept

Newly Enlightened
That's awesome. If you put up a site and offered custom work while showing examples like that pictured above, I'd bet you could make a nice second income. People here and on bladeforums.com (especially in the gadgets and gear section) would dig stuff like this. Even moreso if you offered a choice of mounting options (horiz vs vertical, belt loop sewn in vs. half sewn, half buttoned.

Nice work.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Steve, Gorgeous Case!

I also made a leather case a year ago, it is a neat hobby isn´t it? the case I made was for my Swiss champ, E2,Photon2 and 2 123`s. It is belt carry in horizontal position not larger than a nokia phone, the cool thing is that I can access all gadgets while sitting in the car, I don`t have scanner so can`t post any pics, I plan to make another one for the new combo, a SAK, E2, Kl1 or 2 123´s and Arc LE with spare AAA, do you mind if I PM you with some questions regarding leather work? I have some plans for my case I can share with you if you like

Nice work!
Alex

S

Steve_Y

Alex, I would be happy to exchange information about building leather cases. Would like to learn more about your design and would be pleased to share what I have learned. Send me email anytime. Steve

TOB9595

Enlightened
Steve up north, if this is a "rough" product then show me the good stuff. Very nice!
For trade would you take my first born? Huh? Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.