AAA Quesion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wick

Newly Enlightened
Quick question for you all. I dont yet own an ARC AAA, however I plan to soon. I've read an awful lot of info on this page and still cant figure something out. If I can locate a ARC AAA in stock should I get it now or is it worth waiting for the newer graded ones in a month or two. I would prefer the Limited Edition, just to have the best, but that is out of stock everywhere.

So...buy the basic in stock now or wait for the better in a few months.

One last thing, I am a flashaholic, but Im not SUPER picky about the ARC AAA for my keychain.

Thanks for the help,
-Wick

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm.... that's odd.... Better get it now den later, no more LEs are being produce, only PE: Premium Editions, and they are going for $40.... as compared to LE.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Wick, I believe your best bet right now is to buy a standard.

The LE and the standard are almost identical. Both use HA III and the same brightness LED. The LE's LED has a slightly "wamer" tint. My first standard actually had a LE LED, when it was replaced on warranty it had the standard LED. After a day or so to get used to the tint change, I actually like the standard tint better--my eye's preceve it as brighter even though it's not.

The standard is the best bang for your buck Arc. Their days are limited. They're black, Peter is (For now, I hope it comea back soon) dropping black. The Black HA looks *nice*

If you don't get a standard now (Or maybe you can find an LE) your options will be:

New "Standard" Arc
Unfortunatly, IIHO the quality of the standard Arc is dropping big time. It's mostly not Peter's fault though. First off he's switching to natural HA (For now, I hope black comes back for 2004) which is a lot harder to get perfect than black. QC standards are natually, and quite understandibly, lower on the standards. While a flawless standard is completely possible, expect flaws. Also, because NiChia has thrown Peter a huge curve ball, he has to drop the standards of the LED. Again, while you may get lucky and find a "Premium" level LED made it's way into your Standard, it's not likely. Expect a LED that is dimmer and bluer

New "LE" Arc. Guarnteed to have absulutely 100% flawless HA or else you can exchange it. S rank LED BUT can come installed with tint currently installed in standard. $40 only offered directly from Arc

---

I'd say get something from the 2002 line quick before your only choices are, well, less choices and lowered standards.

Albany Tom

Enlightened
I'd second Sabby's advice to get a standard while you can. I don't understand why the most cost effective, probably most popular model is being discontinued, but then again I never was great at business.

I do know that my standard ARC-AAA is my favorite light, and that at around $25 a couple of friends have ordered them. I'm wondering how many CPF people have them as well. I also know that Peter wants to make the best, but the Arc-AAA standard is a damn nice light.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Albany...

The reason for the rank drop on the new standards is that NiChia isn't playing fair. The reason for dropping the relativly (I think) simple black and switching to the less consistant natural confuses me to though
confused.gif
icon3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts