ORB RAW Question?

AWGD8

Newly Enlightened
Newbie here, ;)
I`m thinking of getting an Orb Raw , but I do have questions:

The link got me confused.

Here is the link: http://www.lummi.co.uk/orbraw.php

1) What the heck is the CR2 version? It can also use a rechargeable PCR2 LI-ION. If I use a PCR2 will I get a 120 lumen? The site says if I use CR2 it will only output 40 lumen.

2)If I buy the regular ORB RAW with CREE dual switch 120/15 lumen, can I use a regular CR2 battery?

3)Are they (Original Orb Raw and CR2 version) the same design? not flat bottom? HERE is the link

4) The flat bottom design doesn`t have a keychain hole the other one has it.

http://www.lummi.co.uk/index.php

I`m talking about the middle torch that is standing.

I`m confused bec. the link shows 3 types of Orb RAW designs. 3 orbs in the middle standing.

Is it worth it? or should I get P1DCE?

Will only use it for last resort protection together with my
Comtech Stinger. :devil:

Phredd

Enlightened
It might be confusing and it's possible the web page isn't completely up to date. I just got an Orb Raw aluminum and it is just as pictured on the first link and the center light on the second link. There are two slots for a lanyard.

I think he's referring to the CR-E CR2 version, meaning the new version uses a Cree LED. The 40 lumens doesn't sound right. I'm just don't know if there's enough power in the CR2 for 120 lumens or if you need the rechargeable. Maybe someone else can answer that one. I got the 15/80 which works well with the CR2.

The P1D-CE is larger with 3 levels plus strobe and SOS. I'm happy with the Orb, but it's a personal choice. Hope this helps.

Phredd

barkingmad

Enlightened
Pretty sure it means the CR2 is only good for about 40 lumens but the RCR2 can do up to 120 - I have one with a RCR2 and it's very bright! ;)

AWGD8

Newly Enlightened
I`m about to order the Orb Raw CREE 120/15 LUMEN

is the light output better than the Fenix P1D CE CREE?

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
barkingmad said:
Pretty sure it means the CR2 is only good for about 40 lumens but the RCR2 can do up to 120 - I have one with a RCR2 and it's very bright! ;)
Naaa, definitly not, the difference between CR2 and RCR2 use wouldn´t be 80 lumens! These are just different modes with different brightness and runtime to choose from.

The Orb Raw XR-E is available with 120/15 lumens (25mins/10hours), 120/80 (25mins/1hour) or 80/15 (1hour/10hours) and the Orb Raw CR-E with 40/10 lumens only but therefore incredible runtimes of 8hours/20hours. Just choose. They all come with a protected RCR2 anyway so this has nothing to do with CR2 vs. RCR2 use.

Eric

Last edited:

Phredd

Enlightened
Eric242 said:
The Orb Raw XR-E is available with 120/15 lumens (25mins/10hours), 120/80 (25mins/1hour) or 80/15 (1hour/10hours) and the Orb Raw CR-E with 40/10 lumens only but therefore incredible runtimes of 8hours/20hours.

I thought the XR-E is a Cree LED. What's the difference between the XR-E and the CR-E?

Phredd

easilyled

Flashaholic
Naaa, definitly not, the difference between CR2 and RCR2 use wouldn´t be 80 lumens! These are just different modes with different brightness and runtime to choose from.
Eric

Actually I think you may be mistaken.

The difference in output between a CR2 (3V) and an RCR2 (4.2V) is
just that sort of magnitude.

The runtime on a CR2 will likely be about 3 times as long and regulated
whereas on a RCR2, it will be in direct drive and drop rapidly.

Last edited: