small cheap nylon zippered bags?

ZippyDan

Newly Enlightened
i want to create some small carrying kits of ... things. wheres the cheapest place to pick up some small zippered nylon carrying cases?

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a few sets of zippered pouches at my local Home Depot store. They are located inside the tool department, near the tool belts.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Campmor may have some. REI should have some, but of course would be higher priced than Campmor.

What size are you looking for? I found these on the Campmor site for $8.

Last edited:

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagle Creek's stuff is good. Here lately, I've been using flash card/usb cases for small items that I picked up at Walmart.

Eric_M

Enlightened
How big?

What about a zippered pencil case? (school supplies) You would probably find them for around $1.00.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
I use the cases/pouches from Eagle Creek and Lewis & Clark, they can be color coded, see thru, etc. But they aren't cheap, on sale they still cost five-six bucks and up for bigger sizes. They are good for electronics, cords, toiletries, office supplies, and more.

At the other end of the spectrum, I use ziplock-type bags a lot, too. From the Target kind which are only good for one use or two, to the freezer bags from Glad and Ziplock, which can be quite tough and long lasting.

daloosh

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
My girlfriend (for 3 more weeks, then she'll be my wife) uses nylon/canvas pencil cases for these kind of kits. I usually just toss stuff in the inner mesh pocket of my backpack, or when I really want to create some sort of kit I can easily transfer to another pack, I use a heavy duty ziplock bag. but I'm planning on switching to a few small pelican cases for my first aid kit and other items that can use a little extra protection...

CLHC

Flashaholic
If you got any of those Dollar Stores around, you'll be able to pick quite a few of those.

Enjoy!