a long walk with my L2

jbosman1013

Enlightened
so the other night me and two of my friends went out to the bar for his last night as a free man [one was getting married]. everything was going well until 2 miles from home there was a awful noise coming from the back of the car so we stopped, got out and there it was a flat tire. we were unable to get to the spare tire because of a dual 12 inch sub box that we couldn't take out. I said just drive slow and we'll walk next to you to keep weight off that side so you don't roll the tire off the rim. my friend in the car started off at a walking pace but was soon about a half mile down the road, that did not have any street lights so out came the L2 on low to guide the way. the other guy i was with who has never seen a surefire looked at me and said "whats that" so i explained that it was a high power LED that cost around 170 dollars. he said i was crazy and that his mag light was brighter and cheaper, so i pointed the light down the road and hit it on high. he could not believe how much light was coming out of this little flashlight and to tell the truth neither could i, i have never used this light in such a dark open area and i was very impressed by the wall of light it produced. We were getting close to the house when i heard his dog barking, I have read the surefire stories about stoping animals with your flashlight but have never tried. the dog started coming in our direction barking and growling so i shined him with the light and sure enough he stoped and turned around, i was in shock but with a big smile.

i was unhappy with my L2 for a little while thinking it could use to be a little brighter but after this i am reassured about how bright it really is.

SCblur

Enlightened
good story. The L2 does superb in real world use IMO. It has such a wonderfully bright wide beam, it lights up absolutely everything in front of it. I'm glad you have a newfound love for your light.

CLHC

Flashaholic
I've always liked the way my SF.L2 cuts a W-I-D-E swath of light in front of me. It'll light up the whole side of the house (old place) whenever I have traverse it to see what's up at the back.

Thanks for the sharing your experience and Enjoy!

jbosman1013

Enlightened
wish i was a better story teller but i am glad you like it. I wish i could have taken a picture of the light shining down the road it lit everything up better than any car headlight could have truly a wow factor of 10

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
jbosman, thanks for sharing your experience. Its good that you are liking your surefire. I do not have the L2 but I do the KL4. Both are LuxV and reflectored and I really like the beam pattern it produces.

Snow

Enlightened
Sweet story. I have used my G2 to deter a dog that was a bit too interested in me and I can also attest that it works. Sounds like the 2 modes really came in handy in your case!

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
LA OZ you are a lucky man. L2 and U2 on the same day!! My U2 is probably my favorite light all-around. Has a small dohnut but it isn't noticeable in the real world. It is a masterpiece!

sims2k

Enlightened
Great story about the L2. I carry mine everywhere. It is just the right size for tactical purposes. I use both modes every night. I can attest to the dog-stopping brightness of the L2 as I uses it all the time with my neighbors' dogs.

Riddick

Newly Enlightened
I agree great story. I love my L2 :) she sure is impressive when you hit the high beam and I recently received an L1 to keep her company

Two damn fine lights

Riddick