P2D CE Malfunctioning? Any ideas?

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened
I just turned on my P2D CE and noticed that it's only working in the turbo/strobe modes. :confused: When I twist it to turn on the low/med/hi/SOS I get nothing. I've tried cleaning the contacts, changing batteries (I only use primaries). Any suggestions before I contact 4sevens would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.:(

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
My L1D CE used to do that. In the general mode the current flows through the non-anodized threads of the body while in turbo mode the body is in direct contact with the PCB inside the head.

Clean very well both the threads inside the head and the ones on the body. It is quite likely that you will solve the problem.

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened
OK, after three hours sleep I decided to try this again. Someone call the stupid police!! Because I haven't changed batteries yet I forgot this was a three piece unit, the head, middle battery tube and tail cap. I was thinking the head and body tube were one piece because they were fully tightened and I was only adjusting the tail cap tightness. I fully tightened the tail cap and loosened the head and it finally went from Turbo/strobe to one of the lower modes when I twisted it.
Whew, what a relief. I'm glad this worked out. I'm heading to Ft.Lauderdale in a few weeks and was getting worried about my favorite EDC not working for the trip.
Kids, let this be a lesson to you all. When all else fails, read the instructions!
Thanks for the tips guys, and happy Victoria Day / May 2-4 weekend to all my fellow Canadians!

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened
Kilovolt said:
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
Yeah, I know:stupid:

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh good I'm glad you got it resolved as I was just about to look up your order and send you a replacement! :lolsign:

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
4sevens said:
Oh good I'm glad you got it resolved as I was just about to look up your order and send you a replacement! :lolsign:

You can send that replacement to me!! :-/

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
:poke: Happens to everybody at one time or another, your not stupid just learning that's all.