River Rock R-TM321XSE6

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Made a Target stop today. Found among many of the usual suspects was a 1W 1AA River Rock with a Reflector.

It's a mite porky for a 1AA, just a smidge longer than a 1L Metal Gear.
Head and tail are a bit larger than a minim*g body.
I just can't tell if it has a glass or plastic lense, but I THINK it's glass.

It has a forward clickie that is pretty firm and rather long of stroke.

Output is a slightly artifactly around the spot with entirely reasonable spill.

I could not draw vacuum through the body, nor the tailcap and there is an o-ring between tailcap abd body.

I'll try to get pics and beamshot later, but it's suppertime now and I gotta go to the store after dinner.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
DEFINATELY better pics in that thread!

Here's what I got for pics.

1 shot of two lights and two batteries:
MG123TM321AAnumber2.jpg

1 Close Up (sort of):
TM321CloseUp.jpg

And a beamshot of three lights (sort of):
MGTM321TaskForceBeamshot.jpg

vector_joe

Newly Enlightened
Is yours really a forward clickie? The one I got several weeks ago is a reverse clickie.

lumenal

Enlightened
This light is really a hit or miss. I bought one a few weeks ago that had a terrible beam (with off-balance outer straggler rings) and a very weak tail switch. So, I returned it the next day.

I bought one again a couple days ago, and couldn't be happier with it.

It has a nice even beam with white tint, and a very solid clicky tail-switch. A very nice light thats available at the local Target. This one is a definite keeper.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
A MIGHTY interesting side note is that I also saw a 2AA "3W" that bears a passing resemblence to Maxfire, in Camo.

And it is only a couple bucks more than the 321.

I thought about it, but was MOST interested in the 1AA light.

I got what I believe is a nice enough tint and a FIRM clickie. The clickie causes me some trouble as I have really big hands/fingers.

Outside in the dark last night it was plenty impressive!

mykall

Enlightened
I got one of these yesterday, and aside from the R-clickie I couldn't be happier for $22. The beam must be hit or miss because mine is white and just about artifact free. It appears to have a little of the PP Lux in it's beam in that I'm seeing several rings of varying intensity from the hotspot outward.

Another nice thing about this light is that the clickie locks out EASILY. A byproduct of this is that I can leave the clickie on and use it as a twisty.

MB

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Oops. I did it again...

RR3W2AAE1W2AA-packaged.jpg

At two different Targets found a 2AA Energizer that is built a LOT like my Streamlight 3AA Task Light or my 1L and 2L Twin Tasks. It has a reverse side clickie, an ever-so-slightly off centered LED and makes a white pretty tight spot with good spill. At the other Target I grabbed the 2AA LUXIII River Rock Camo. It is push/twist tail, has a well centered LED and makes a blueish tinted nice spot with good spill.

The E 2AA set me back $18 plus tax, and the RR 2AA was $25.

Here is a beam shot, and I'm sorry I couldn't get a decent sise-by-side shot!

RR3W2AAE1W2AA-beams.jpg

I've only waited a week to post this!

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
How smooth are the threads on the River Rock 2AA 3 watt camo light? Someome implied in another post that they were rough.

Does the RR 2 watt become hot after 5 minutes of continuous use?

fishx65

Enlightened
Remember, the River Rock 1AA and 2AA are rebranded Nuwai X-1 and X-3 models. For a non-cree, the 2AA camo cranks out a lot of light! Runtimes are much better with NiMh's.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope they upgrade the little 2AAA version with an even better emitter, that little bugger is really useful around the house with the small size, pocketclip and push button/twisty tailcap.

lumenal

Enlightened
How smooth are the threads on the River Rock 2AA 3 watt camo light? Someome implied in another post that they were rough.

Does the RR 2 watt become hot after 5 minutes of continuous use?

The threads on my RR 2AA camo 3 watt initially were kind of rough. But cleaning with rubbing alcohol and paper towel really got rid of that "black crud" oxidation?

And then I silicone greased the o-ring, and used Radio Shack precision lube on the threads. Now, the twisty action is buttery smooth, so much so, I can turn on the light with my thumb only. Very easy operation.

This light has become my go to beater light. The camo finish ( ceramic or Duracoat maybe?) seems very tough. Its held up well so far.

It does heat up after 10 minutes or so, but not burn your fingers hot.

My light's tint is a nice, cool white. The first one I had was very purple, so beware of the Lux Lottery.

All in all, this has got to be the brightest 2 AA 3 watt Luxeon around. Its regulation is flat for a couple hours (I use Ni-MH), and seems very durable.:twothumbs Good deal off the shelf at Target for $24.99.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
... my RR 2AA camo 3 watt ...
All in all, this has got to be the brightest 2 AA 3 watt Luxeon around. Its regulation is flat for a couple hours (I use Ni-MH), and seems very durable.:twothumbs Good deal ...

Thanks for information, lumenal.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Ooops! I did it AGAIN!

Radiant2AAA2AA-with-Bolt2AAA2AA0neA.jpg

Only the 2AAA Bolt is new today. So far it seems about as bright give or take than the Radiant 2AAA. It does have a WAY more white beam!

Beam shot after it gets dark. Only room I can get completely black in daytime is bathroom and it doesn't have a nice target wall...

PS. The Frys on 59 South just outside the beltway 8 had 5 or 6 more 2AA Radiants at $4.95....

PPS. The threads on either of the Bolts are not butter smooth, but not bad by any stretch.

Last edited:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Here be a beamshot albeit not a great one!

Note: The squarish flat chip at the base of the reflector is slightly off-center in the bolt. It doesn't SEEM to make any difference. I am slightly disappointed that it isn't any brighter.

Radiant2AAA2AA-with-Bolt2AAA2AABeam.jpg

The 2AA Bolt and Radiant WAY outclass their 2AAA counterparts!!!

Last edited:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: River Rock R-TM321XSE6, Victorinox 2AAA

PlayboyJoeShmoe,

You have lots of new lights!

Your beam shot of the Inova Bolt 2AAA resembles the beam on the Victorinox 2AAA (made by Inova/Emissive Technology) that I got today. Very good spill, small hotspot, not too blue, but dimmer overall than I expected.

My Vic 2AAA draws a whopping 1160 milliamps at 3.0 VDC -- far more than one would expect for a low intensity light! I think the Victorinox 2AAA is constructed better than the Bolt 2AAA I tried at the store, but the alkaline batteries probably won't last long.

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast

really cool

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

As near as I was just able to measure my Bolt SEEMS to pull around 340Ma which seems about right for the brightness.

Parnass... I am a compulsive. If I have money and time it's scary!

(just pooped in to edit this and I STILL think it could be brighter!)

Last edited: