How do you remove dust/lint from a SSC and reflector?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all!

What's the best way to get the darn lint off an SSC led? I try blowin it off but that silicon seems to have a good grip on it, if I use a cloth or paper I think it will get worse.

What to use? And while your at it, how do you remove lint from a Mag reflector long enough to screw it back together without any new dust/lint landing on it? Compressed air seems to partially work but right before I put the bezel back there is always new lint on the reflector.

Thanks!
AlexGT

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The seoul website suggests using a lint free cloth and rubbing alcohol. I have done it and it works great.
As for the reflector........good luck.....they all seem to scratch easily

LightBud

Newly Enlightened
Maybe a little Static Guard on a clean cotton cloth? One of the cloths for cleaning glasses would be ideal since you don't want to scuff the reflector if you can help it. You might try it first on a mirror to make sure that the Static Guard wipes clean but it seems like pretty light stuff since it's made for spraying directly on fabric.

Last edited:

Krit

Enlightened
I used to use alcohol and found that clean water is the better method for clean SSC silicone. Use cleaning tissue add some water and gentle clean to the silicone only. Wipe in one direction or round in the circle. You will see no dust and tissue left.

Krit

Enlightened
Oop.. in reflecter I use only hight air pressure for 1 foot to remove out the dust. It it have a lot of dirt to clean I use soft paint brush with liquid soap and use high air pressure to dry it.