Recommendations for a lanyard on my Arc AAA? ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmeisenzahl

Enlightened
This little light is great but it's almost too small! :)

Any ideas for something decent to use as a lanyard to loop through the little steel ring on the back of the light?

Thanks very much,
Christopher

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, though as I was replacing my Mag Solitaire, I just used the lanyard that came with it.
I think they're $5 or so at Wal-Mart, and at this point if I needed another, I'd buy the light just for the lanyard, unless I could find someone selling it as a mag part on the web somewhere.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used one of a set of boot laces (not leather) I bought at Walmart for about $.70 for a pair. It works very well. TX

Termac

Newly Enlightened
Re: Recommendations for a lanyard on my Arc AAA? ... *DELETED*

Post deleted by softhackle

StuU

Enlightened
REI carries a nice lanyard with swivel for $1.00. I've had one for 20 years on a Swiss Army Knife and it's still in great shape. Bought a few more just last weekend. REI also carries a higher feature lanyard for &10.00 which is similar to the CMG but with much better swivels and a clip release near the end.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't use one on my AAA yet but I have looked for whistle lanyards (you can get great braided leather lanyards), eye glass retainers or lanyards, or even pet lanyards. Many pet stores have them. Do a google search on whistle lanyards and see for yourself. If I do end up buying a braided leather lanyard ($10-$40) I'll be sure to post a recommendation.

Cheers.

B@rt

Flashaholic
How about this one from REI , with a 22" retractable holder?
rolleyes.gif

679413.jpg

CiTY

Enlightened
I'm using my old pager leash. It has a spring clip to clip on to any part of clothing and a clip to hook the AAA.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
If you are inclined to make your own, you might find some ideas here:

Spectra tethers

kv-loop.jpg

Although Spectra is shown, other cordage can be used as well.

- Don

nyyanks

Newly Enlightened
There is an Arc AAA that comes with its own mini clip, is that a standard accessory thats included?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
nyyanks,

If you are refering to the berkeleypoint Arc AAA offering, yes, the s.s. mini-clip is included with the flashlight. The battery is installed in the light and the blister pack chamber that held the battery is filled with the Mini-Clip.

- Don

EDIT: Oops! Bushman beat me to it!
grin.gif
tongue.gif

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
Office supply stores have some nice keyholders -- retractable spools of string, coated wire, or the small-size stainless sash chain -- with belt clips or loops on the spool.

The small scale stainless sash cord is hard to find - Eastern Hardware in south Berkeley/north Oakland (old and new stores, both on Shattuck Ave) has it sometimes at $1/foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.