New Wolf Eyes D2 with 2 level cree - pics/beamshots

KeeperSD

Enlightened
I have been holding off on this one since before CPF went offline awaiting for one of the dealers to announce it, but they are both a little slow off the mark (although Glen was the one to point it out to me on the website) i thought i would share with everyone.

Wolf Eyes has a new light on offer that has just recently been put on their website.

The D2AX-11 is a Cree P4 LED light with a two stage high and low output, with the standard LED assembly being quoted at 130 lumens for 5 hours (130 min regulated) and 15 lumens for 60 hours. Also on offer is the HO LED LA offering 170 lumens for 4 hours (80 min reg) and 20 lumens for 50 hours. These figures are using CR 123's. The LED is 3.7-6V meaning that it could be driven by both primaries and a 18650, making it very versatile. According to the website the light maintains the tactical tail clickie, whilst being switched between high and low output by twisting the bezel.

Other than that it appears to be similar to the WE D2. I am looking forward to getting my hands on one of these little bad boys, looks like Fenix and some of the other multi level lights have some new competition.

Last edited:

Dark Vapor

Newly Enlightened
Re: New Wolf Eyes D2 with 2 level output

I noticed the new items (cree flashlights) added to the webpage at PTS, but it's still incomplete as of today. They have a debut date of 01 June (for the products to be in stock?).

Glen C

Enlightened

I was using one last night, nice unit and twisting the bezel for the two power levels is easy and also means it is easy to start in full power mode. Nice beam, good throw on the HO Cree and quite usable low

Here is a pic, will do a beamshot later when darker, maybe Keeper will do a more independent review when his arrives

quarterflashcomauwa2.jpg

Glen C

Enlightened

Here is a beamshot of the 170 lumen Cree HO in the Defender II. Seems quite a clean beam

quarterflashcomtp8.jpg

KeeperSD

Enlightened

Good work Glen, pictures mean so much more to threads than just words. The beam looks very good, funny to see that the crenulation (is that a word? :shrug:) is noticable on the outside of the beam, i am sure when it is used in the real world it won't be though. Am looking forward to doing some comparisons with mine.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast

crenelation or crenellation. Either seems to be correct.

http://www.answers.com/topic/crenelate

This looks like a nice light with a forward clickie and easily selected levels, one level significantly lower than the other. Nice UI. Is it well heat sinked? How big is it? It LOOKS like a nice size from the beamshot picture.

Glen C

Enlightened

Hi Blindasabat, it is 140mm long or around 5 1/2". It uses the WE Cree drop in, which is solid alloy and well heat sinked, then has the usual WE overkill body which has plenty of metal in it to heatsink.

Keeper, you notice the crenullations in use, but not in a bad way, you just notice 6 square edges rather than a round edge, the HO version seems to have significantly more spill than the 130 lumen version so the cut off is more defined.

Mike@PTS

Enlightened

Hi Guys,
A little update for ya!
The Defender II will have 4 stages soon: 100% brightness, 20% brightness, 2% brightness, strobe. These figures are not set in stone and may change.

We have a sample in route, expected next week and if we like it I'll start stocking them. It will be late June or July before we have them.

If any one wants to place a minimum order of 50 Defender II, Wolf Eyes will change the brightness levels to what ever you want and you may even be able to specify strobe frequency.

lukestephens777

Enlightened

Hey Mike, is the Defender II PWM? Do you know whether it will flicker in the low output modes? Whats the ballpark price on this one?

Also my preferences would be 100%, 30%, 1%, Fast Strobe

:grin2:

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Guys,
A little update for ya!
The Defender II will have 4 stages soon: 100% brightness, 20% brightness, 2% brightness, strobe. These figures are not set in stone and may change.

We have a sample in route, expected next week and if we like it I'll start stocking them. It will be late June or July before we have them.

If any one wants to place a minimum order of 50 Defender II, Wolf Eyes will change the brightness levels to what ever you want and you may even be able to specify strobe frequency.

Mike,

Will the levels still be changed by twisting the bezel? Will a simple 2-stage version still be available? (I hope so). Is pricing info. available yet?

Thanks.

creampuff

Newly Enlightened

Hi Guys,
A little update for ya!

Hi Mike,
Next to my McClux, my Wolf Eyes 6 sniper + cree is my go-to-light. The main downside for me is the lack of an ability to tailstand, otherwise I would use it even more. Are there any future plans to be able to tailstand any of the 6 series or Defender series lights?

Mike@PTS

Enlightened

Hi Mike,
Next to my McClux, my Wolf Eyes 6 sniper + cree is my go-to-light. The main downside for me is the lack of an ability to tailstand, otherwise I would use it even more. Are there any future plans to be able to tailstand any of the 6 series or Defender series lights?
Hi creampuff,
A tail standing feature would be nice but to my knowledge there is nothing in the works.

Hey Mike, is the Defender II PWM? Do you know whether it will flicker in the low output modes? Whats the ballpark price on this one?
I emailed Wolf Eyes but did not get a responce last night, I'll let you know when I do, unless Glen C knows. Hey Glen, any info on this?

Glen C

Enlightened

Hi Mike, I couldn't see any flicker in mine at all, when I can see some in my LOD CE. Probably more a reflection on my tired eyes than anything else.

KeeperSD

Enlightened

I have received my Defender II today :naughty:. Thanks to Glen for his super fast shipping.

CIMG2087.jpg

CIMG2097.jpg

Now i just have to wait for darkness to see how it performs, only 6 hours to go. I will attempt to post some pics and opinions tonights.

On a side not can anyone assist me in modifying the title to the thread? I thought i knew how to do it once upon a time, but cannot for the life of me think how to do it.

Last edited: