Insantity or sick?

knot

Banned
I am relatively new here and I think I picked up a new disorder. I spend much time in my office upstairs until night, when I go to bed. My disorder is the fact that I won't turn on any house lights but will use my flashlight to make my way to my bedroom. I also don't use the dome lights in my car because I prefer to use my flashlight.

Am I going to be ok? How long does this last?

DM51

Flashaholic
I am relatively new here and I think I picked up a new disorder. I spend much time in my office upstairs until night, when I go to bed. My disorder is the fact that I won't turn on any house lights but will use my flashlight to make my way to my bedroom. I also don't use the dome lights in my car because I prefer to use my flashlight.
Am I going to be ok? How long does this last?
You'll be fine. What has happened is that since joining CPF, you have got used to using superior twistie and tail-clickie switches on your personal illumination appliances. Neither your house-lights nor you car are fitted with these, and you have now developed an in-built resistance to using inferior products.

You have 2 possible courses of action:

1. Visit Lighthound or some other outlet and purchase proper switches for your domestic and vehicular lighting systems, or

2. Continue to use your flashlights. This is what most people end up doing.

That will be $2.50 for the consultation.
Next patient please…

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'm afraid you are already infected. I've been navigating the house at night for years now with the flashlight-du-jour.

Geoff

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't worry. You'll go down in history as one of the pioneers of the evolution that saved planet Earth by using personal lighting instruments which drastically reduce overall planetary power useage and thus negative greenhouse effects which would have otherwise destroyed the liveability of the planet by 2035. It just feels insane now because you are on the cutting edge of a revolution. :D

knot

Banned
I'm afraid it's much deeper than I revealed. I find myself making beamshots, playing with assorted magnifying lenses, along the wall and ceiling - during the day!