VG Striker w/ SSC

Enlightened
So I'm ready to pull the trigger on one from Battery Junction. Sounds like a very good light but I haven't seen any pictures of side spill. Does this light not have it? It's main use for me will be indoors searching rooms and nooks and crannies. I have my SL-20X for outdoor activities.

Also, how sensitive is the switch on the Striker? There aren't really any holsters specfically made for it. I am pretty much required to have a hi-gloss leather open top holster. Recommendations?

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't really say that the Striker is the right light for indoor room to room...especially the ssc modded version...powerful throw..ok sidespill...probably blind yourself from the flash back Don't want to talk you out of this light...it's great, but a lot of others are probably better indoor lights....

Enlightened
How focused of a beam are we talking about on the modded Striker? I have my SSC'd Gladius so I'm not totally empty handed but I want that one holy grail LED for use.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the pictures that I saw had very little to no sidespill. This is why they say it does throw. If you are using the light indoors I would look at other options.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're looking for a holy grail torch, you'd be better off buying a diffuser for your Gladius.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree! I have a Milky modded Striker and he put a mild diffuser film on it and it works great for a lot of uses. It is my in-car use light for street sign/address searching and road side emergencies. It has a much bigger spot and more spill with the SSC emitter. You can easily dim it down to the level you need for inside uses.
But if you already have an SSC Gladius, then you can get the same thing by putting diffusing film on that to spread out the spot some more for indoor use. I very much prefer a wiiiiidde spot for searching indoors than a tight bright spot and spill.
If you're looking for a holy grail torch, you'd be better off buying a diffuser for your Gladius.