Reflector for Fenix P2D

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone tried the replacement reflector for the P2D? I just ordered one
from Fenix Store and was wondering if it improved the beam quality? :thinking:

chrome-addict

Newly Enlightened
As others have done, I replaced mine with a LumaPower M3 reflector (pedestal type) and absolutley love the beam! Best thing is it's a direct fit ...no modifying.

Last edited:

mchlwise

Enlightened
I tried one in my L1Dce (same head) and it helped a lot.

I haven't been able to get the head on my P2D apart, so I just swapped heads.

I actually ordered the replacement reflector to mess around with some experimental stippling on it, hoping to remove some of the rings in the beam. I didn't do anything to the replacement other than install it, and the beam was significantly better, so I just left it alone.

:thinking: :shrug: :thumbsup:

sclemin1

Newly Enlightened
I just did this to my P2D.
It definitely smoothed out the beam, more than expected. It didn't completely eliminated the dark rings, but the beam looks much better. I did try refocusing first, that didn't help. It was slightly difficult to get the head apart, I used a heat gun. A hair dryer might have worked to expand the head and warm up the glue.

Confederate

Enlightened
I can tell a big difference in the beam when it's projected against a wall, but outdoors at 30-40 feet in the woods, there isn't much to write home about. Indoors, it looks much better. For ten bucks, though, what can you lose?

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like said, I contacted Ricky directly. Tell him what you want the reflector for so he'll send you the correct one, $15 shipped.