Be a man. Show your multi-tools and SAKs.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
may-7.jpg

may-4.jpg

may-3.jpg

may-6.jpg

may-1.jpg

may-9.jpg

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a couple that I've left out, and some duplicates of those pictured, but this is the majority of my collection. I'll add my plier-based multitools later.

111mm models:

Clockwise from bottom:

2006 SOSAK OHT w/black blade
Swiss army Camo 90 OHT w/corkscrew
Scibeer natural micarta OHT

256142059.jpg

108mm models:

Clockwise from top:

Stag Hunter
Mauser
Bundeswehr GAK

256142080.jpg

ALOX models:

Clockwise from red:

Red Farmer
Electrician
Copper Cadet
Blue Farmer
'92 Dutch Army Knife
Black Pioneer
Ribbed Cadet
'90 Soldier w/hollow rivet

256142078.jpg

91mm models, 4 layers or less

Clockwise from upper left:

Compact
Yeoman (original)
2007 SwissBianco Yeoman
Passenger
Center: Scientist
not pictured Stayglow Huntsman

256142063.jpg

91mm models, 5 or more layers:

Left to Right:

Woodsman
Cybertool 34
Ranger
not pictured Deluxe Tinker

256142064.jpg

84mm models:

Clockwise from left:

Climber
Golfer w/long nail file
Lumberjack

256142072.jpg

74mm models:

Left to Right:

Executive
Money Clip

256142066.jpg

58mm models:

Left to Right:

Stayglow Rambler
Minichamp
Minichamp, 6-blade variant

256142081.jpg

91mm Layer mods:

Left to Right:

Spudley Spudsman
Scibeer "special" Woodsman

256142074.jpg

91mm scale mods:

Clockwise from top:

Knifecoop Oldschool Stag Soldier w/nickel bolsters
Oupa Copper Climber
Rotokid "Shining Light" Spartan w/G10 scales & GITD shield
SAKGuy Walnut Huntsman

256142076.jpg

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
I also posted this on EDCF a couple of days ago.

Except for one that was stolen, these are all the SAK's I've owned. I'm not a SAK guru so I don't know the names of all the models, but each is special for some reason and I treasure them accordingly.

This is my very first SAK. My dad bought it in Switzerland. I must've been 7 or 8 at the time and managed to cut myself within 5 minutes of using it. :) I carried it everywhere I went, well into college. I had to stop carrying it, though, because the blade was getting thinner and thinner from the years or sharpening and the tip started protruding outside of the handles as shown in the close up pic. I cut myself a couple of times just trying to get stuff out of my pocket, so I retired it.

My full collection, from left to right (side and top views):

Victorinox Swiss Champ - given to me by my dad when I graduated from high school
Victorinox unknown name - my dad brought me this one directly from Switzerland; I was in college at the time
Victorinox Spartan, Recruit? - my first SAK
Wenger unknown model - this is actually my wife's knife. I bought it for her back when we were in college. (Aw, so romantic, giving away kinves as presents...)
Wenger unknown model - this belonged to my dad. That short metal chain was his "trademark lanyard"; he'd put one just like that on all his SAK's.

Missing from the pic is the slightless smaller model than the Swiss Champ (Explorer?). I got that when I graduated from elementary school, but it got stolen.

Luigi, you might recognize the "boleadoras" on my first SAK. One of my best friends from high school/college is from Argentina and gave them to me.

Here's a picture of the back of my wife's Wenger. She still carries it on her keychain. :smitten:

And, finally, a shot of the sheaths I have. The larger ones fit the Swiss Champ and both have lots of extra EDC goodies. The smaller one I bought for the camo model, but never really used because I had a custom made sheath for it. Actually the only sheath I really used on a regular basis is the one on the top left.

RebelRAM

Enlightened
a gift from a friend.... it looks like a "Fieldmaster" but I was informed by carrot that its a "tinkerer"

It's a Super Tinker, the standard Tinker doesn't have the scissors or the hook. I just picked up a Super Tinker yesterday. I have been carrying a standard Tinker for a few months now and realized that I really missed having scissors. The Deluxe Tinker adds pliers to the combo.

I got a Cybertool 41 for Christmas, but after carrying it a few weeks, decided it's too big and heavy for carrying in a pocket. So it now stays in my backpack that comes with me everyday to work.

I can't seem to find my digital camera right now, but here's a list of my SAK collection

Wengers
Esquire
Backpacker
Standard Issue

Victorinox
Rally
OHT
Soldier
Spartan
Classic SD
Tinker
Edelweiss
Cybertool 41
Super Tinker

On my SAK wishlist is a Camper, Matterhorn, and an Explorer.

As for multitools, I have two fullsize Gerbers, and a Leatherman Juice CS4

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
My current favorites are my Stayglow Explorer, Bundeswehr OHT and Vagabond. I have a couple of original Yeoman, with boxes, but I retired them in favor of the Explorer because I like having the small blade to open boxes with at work.

Here's the bulk of my Swiss Army Knives. I also have a couple of Leatherman Sideclips, a couple Supertools and a Wave.

My Stayglow Explorer (pre-hook with a grooved corkscrew).
standard.jpg

My vintage Yoeman, x 2, both with original boxes.
standard.jpg

A few Compact variants.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

One of my Vagabonds.
standard.jpg

A couple of my Executives.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

My Ambassadors and Companion.
standard.jpg

My custom Pioneer with pocket clip.
standard.jpg

My Copper Cadet.
standard.jpg

My Weekender, AKA serrated Spartan.
standard.jpg

My custom Scibeer-Tool
standard.jpg

My custom Uber-GAK.
standard.jpg

My 84mm knives with scissors.
standard.jpg

My OHT with pocket clip. This is my main weekend work in the yard knife.
standard.jpg

My Baker's knife.

My Wenger Highlander. Very size efficient little 85mm knife.
standard.jpg

RebelRAM

Enlightened
MacGyver only needed one Swiss Army Knife! :lolsign:

Or did he?
http://www.macgyveronline.org/pages/faq.html
I have seen a couple other online MacGyver FAQs that list a few more models that he carried.

I think he had a whole drawer full of SAKs for normal EDC rotation.

The thing I wonder though, once multitools came out, would MacGyver start using those? Would it be a Leatherman or would he have used a Swisstool? OR... is MacGyver just old school and refuses to give up his SAKs?

After 24 years of carrying a pocketknife, I started out with SAKs, went through a multitool phase and now I'm back to SAKs for EDC, only now I also EDC a locking blade folder as well and a Spyderco Ladybug on my keychain.

Anyways, excellent thread! Lots of modded SAKs out there too! :D

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! I am glad that you like it. Bill Evans (posts as Scibeer) over on the SOSAK forum on knifeforums.com did it for me. Six knives gave up parts to make that one (Weekender, Waiter, Cybertool, Explorer, Mountaineer and Explorer). I pondered on it a while and was trying to make the perfect SAK for working around the office doing computer and PC support. Overall I am very happy with it.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, the closest thing to a "perfect" SAK is the Explorer (or Explorer Plus, which adds a pen, straight pin and mini screwdriver).

I "need" a blade, scissor, large regular screwdriver, and a real 3-dimensional phillips that extends parallel to the long dimension of the knife (if that makes sense). I find the other type of phillips, which extends perpendicular to the scale and is found on many SAKs, is often difficult to use. Other tools are nice, but then size becomes an issue.

I have no need whatsoever for the corkscrew, awl and hook.

Victorinox-Explorer-Lg.jpg

Attribution for photo to smartknives.com. Not hotlinked.

So, I go back and forth between this and a LM Wave (when I'm in no mood to take prisoners).

cheers