What's a good (cheaper) entry level wolf-eyes flashlight?

fire-stick

Enlightened
What's a good entry level, cheap, wolf-eyes light. I guess if it were a surefire I'd be lookin' for a G2 or a 6P.. lol.., but I don't know that much about wolfeyes.

GreySave

Enlightened
Ditto. You can't go wrong with any of the WE lights. Before you settle on an entry level though, consider what you might use the light for both now and in the future and take a look at all of the models and possible upgrades. The accessories are wide ranging and plentiful, and you just might save yourself some money in the long run by doing a little research now.

A good example....With the 9 Series lights you can move from primary cells to rechargeables if you choose to. No lamp change required. Many or most of the other models require changing the lamp due to the voltage differences between the batteries.

Enjoy!

Dark Vapor

Newly Enlightened
Or wait for the new cree flashlights that should be out soon in the US. Seem the folks down under is playing with theirs already. What is attractive about the new light is that it has 2 level outputs and a tactical tail switch (forward clickie). Don't know if you can use an incandescent LA in it though (I'm thinking probably not).

Last edited:

Glen C

Enlightened
Firestick, the Wolf Eyes range is so well priced buy what you like. As Keeper says, the 6AX is the start, then a similar light with crenulations is the D2AX, then the Raider 9AX, etc. As Greysave says, buy the one you need as they are all well priced and good.

Dark Vapour, I tried an incan LA in my Defender II, works perfectly only single level.

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
As GreySave mentioned, with Wolf-eyes it's probably a good idea to consider what future lamp options you may wish to keep open: either those powered by 2x18500 (9 series) or 1x18650 (6 series).

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Good point made by the others and i agree 100%.

I have both the sniper with 1 x 18650 and a LF 3.7V LA and also have a Raider (9 series) with 2 x 18500's and a LF EO-9 LA and the output is nothing short of sensational. I also run my Sniper with 2 x RCR123's and the original WE 9V LA, another package that is quite impressive.

Both offer great value, with the Raider is around the $45 mark, and offer hosts of upgrades for the future