I hate replacing things I lose/break

No worse way of spending money. I just lost a $40 flashlight... I really have better thing to spend my money on, than replacing what I lose :(

KingSmono

Enlightened
Tell me about it... it could be a $200 HDS EDC Ultimate like the one I lost though... :( Still haven't replaced that thing yet.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had close calls with some of my customs and came with this idea, just put pieces of paper on the inside of the battery tubes of my expensive lights that say:

"Thank you for finding my light! Please return it to (My name) at (phone) or contact me at (email) for a $50 reward, absolutely no questions asked!"

And spanish

"Gracias por encontrar mi lampara! Por favor llama a (My name) al telefono (Phone) o escribeme al (email) para reclamar tu recompensa de $50, absolutamente no se hara ninguna pregunta"

Hopefully if the unthinkable ever happens, someone will be tempted by the $50 dollar reward and do the right thing.

HTH
AlexGT

KingSmono

Enlightened
I had close calls with some of my customs and came with this idea, just put pieces of paper on the inside of the battery tubes of my expensive lights that say:

"Thank you for finding my light! Please return it to (My name) at (phone) or contact me at (email) for a $50 reward, absolutely no questions asked!"

And spanish

"Gracias por encontrar mi lampara! Por favor llama a (My name) al telefono (Phone) o escribeme al (email) para reclamar tu recompensa de $50, absolutamente no se hara ninguna pregunta"

Hopefully if the unthinkable ever happens, someone will be tempted by the $50 dollar reward and do the right thing.

HTH
AlexGT

That's a good idea! On the other hand though... they might wonder why such a large reward for a "flashlight" and look them up to discover their true value... realize they can get hundreds more... and sell it on e-bay... :shrug:

Sorry, just playing devil's advocate. Your idea at least gives some chance of getting it back... whereas mine (which is to do nothing) pretty much guarantees I'll never see my U60 again. :(

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
True, but if you lost it already you got nothing to lose by offering the reward for it's return, I trust most people are honorable and will do the right thing if they know who it belongs to. and the high reward makes it up for their time spent in finding you.

AlexGT