Carabiners

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyyanks

Newly Enlightened
Im looking for a new carabiner to attach my keys and the Arc AAA. The carabiner I have right now doesn't close fully unless I apply pressure but then it just springs back to the half closed position when I let it go. what model/brand/type of carabiner is best? I don't plan on spending big bucks for it

yclo

Flashaholic*
S0185-0035_c.jpg

Stainless Steel Mini Clips by www.berkeleypoint.com

nyyanks

Newly Enlightened
Is that miniclip's hole big enough to attach a split ring to where my keys are attached to right now. Also is it big enough to hook on to a pant belt loop.

Ive searched ebay and this type of locking carabiner is getting a pretty good amount of bids
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1299&item=1985975363

Im not gonna go rock climbing or anything, I just need it for a keychain, is this overkill?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The clip will accept a large split ring. It will also clip to the belt loop of Levis; I EDC a SF E1e mod this way daily.

- Don

Darell

Flashaholic
Right down there at the bottom of every page you'll see a link to "Acronyms." Give it a click when you next see a new term you don't recognize.

Usually we don't know what Don is talking about, but we have this one covered:

EDC: Every Day Carry

Saaby

Flashaholic
I carry my AAA the same way Don carrys his E1e. Best way to carry a small light IIHO.

nyyanks

Newly Enlightened
yikes! I just calculated it along with the shipping, and its gonna cost over 9 bucks total.

was_jlh

Enlightened
Another vote for Don's clips - only way to go, you won't regret it.

> $9 - no problem, order several or some of Don's other items to help you feel better about the shipping. You've never seen a clip like this.

GeoffChan

Enlightened
Originally posted by Onyx:
Coleman - comes in pack of 2, anodised in blue or red last time I visited Kmart. Could be different due to me being in Australia...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think you can get green as well these days
wink.gif

Geoff

guncollector

Enlightened
The Home Depot carabiners are great, about $0.99/pc. But they're big in size, too much so for alot of EDC-type applications.

I got a nice assortment of utility carabiners (aka "snap rings") from Harbor Freight & Tool as a stocking-stuffer last year.

Their package comes in a set of 12 carabiners (clearly marked "NOT FOR CLIMBING"), or 4 different sizes (ranging from 2" to 3-1/8"). They're great, and only $4.99 for the set. Here's the link to their 12 PC Snap Ring Fastener Set. This reminds me to order more.

All the same, I think I'm gonna also have to procure some of McGizmo's carabiners for variety...

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Gad Dangee
You carry almost as much stuff on your keys as I do!
I see a Micra, and a P38, and the ARC AAA

dangee

Newly Enlightened
its a modded micra. the full version was to much to carry and i certainly dont need the scissors so i split it in half and swapped some of the impliments to the side you see. i kept the side with the tweezers on it, cut down one of the pieces that used to be the spring action part for the scissors, (it now works as a very small jewelers screwdriver) and is attached to the other end from the rest along with a washer for a spacer. this half contains: jewelers screwdriver, tweezers, knife, nailfile, regular screwdriver and bottle opener and kitchen sink. but being as i allready have a nailfile on my arc le i will probably swap the nailfile on the micra for a hammer or something.
icon14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts