Arc-AAA Anomaly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alberto

Enlightened
I recently purchased my Arc-AAA after hearing it's praise as a top-of-the-line product but have to say that I was somewhat underwhelmed with the manufacturing quality, especially compared to my Infinity Ultra.

I'm not being picky, but my light just doesn't look like the pictures I've see of other Arc AAAs on this forum or even the AAA pictures on Arc's web site (see my photo). I don't have other AAAs to compare to. Do I have an anomaly, a knockoff (it was purchased from a retail source and arrived in Arc 3.1 packaging), or is this normal (I hope not)?

ArcAAA.jpg

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was this an Ebay purchase? There's another thread here by someone who found a bunch like this for sale there. Gransee commented he didn't know how these got into circulation.

I wonder if the electronics part is up to spec.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Alberto!

The no-engraving and the milling marks are not Arc standard quality. I agree with you there and this is covered under our 30-day statisfaction gurantee.

However, the gloss of the finish, knurl and bridge are within spec.

Peter Gransee

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by hank:
Was this an Ebay purchase? There's another thread here by someone who found a bunch like this for sale there. Gransee commented he didn't know how these got into circulation.

I wonder if the electronics part is up to spec.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Oh brother. Now people are starting to doubt that this is genuine Arc?

Yes, we do screw up from time to time.

Peter

alberto

Enlightened
Peter, thanks for the response and explanation.

I appreciate the offer but I do not intend to return the light because I purchased it primarily for it's functionality, which I'm very happy with.

Although I consider the price I paid as very fair, I would gladly pay more money for a product with tighter design and manufacturing specs (maybe your new Premium products?).

Status
Not open for further replies.