P2D body compatable with ???

Katdaddy

Enlightened
I apologize for asking but, I can't find what I am looking for. I saw a thread a while back referring to the P2D body and what other light it is compatable with. I seem to remember that it is not a match for the P3D. Can someone help me here?

Thanks and glad to be back on CPF!!

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can use the P2D head wih the L1D or L2D bodies, but you also need the tail cap that goes with those bodies(L1D and L2D use the same tail cap). You can not use the P2D head with the P3D body because the excess voltage would fry the head.

lucio

Newly Enlightened
here's my question: I have a Fenix L2T and I'd like to buy and L2D and P2D.

but if the heads of these two latter flashlights are the same, does that mean that I can just buy a P2D and put its head on my old L2T and thus have a L2D?

thak you!

audioman

Newly Enlightened

but if the heads of these two latter flashlights are the same, does that mean that I can just buy a P2D and put its head on my old L2T and thus have a L2D?

thak you!

i think you can buy a P2D and then go to Fenix Store buy a L2D body only:)

wintermute

Enlightened

thak you!

I do not think the threads on the L2T and the L2D are the same - hence I don't think you can put your P2D head on your L2T body...you would have to get the L2D body separate.

Regarding the other uses of the P2D body...the L1D, L2D, and P2D are all the same heads. Also, the threads on the P3D and the P2D are the same. There is someone on this board (I think Big Beam if I am not mistaken) who has used RCR123 batteries with their P2D body and P3D head - but the reverse is not an option (i.e. no putting the P2D head on the P3D body).

I use the P2D body as part of my Fenix lego set which includes the LxD/P2D head along with a L1D body + tailcap, a L2D body + tailcap, and a P2D body + tailcap. I usually use the P2D body and tailcap on the head, and keep the L1D and L2D stored with batteries in their respective holsters as battery holders.

OutsideHolsterBigMedium.jpg

If I am going to use the light for an extended period of time, and I need bright light...I use the L2D body w/ 2xAA Eneloop batteries. If I am going to use the light for an extended period of time, but don't need the extra brightness...I use the L1D w/ 1xAA Eneloop. If I am going to use the light in short bursts, I use the P2D body...since it needs lithium primaries. Even with the cost only $1 for really good CR123 batteries - I'd rather use my rechargeable AAs for long periods of time. I still carry the P2D every day now though, the first light which I have ever EDC'ed.

lucio

Newly Enlightened
loud and clear!

thank you for your accurate explanation ;)