Split Rings for LS flashlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst3k

Enlightened
I'm just curious here. The AAA arc's come with a split ring for mounting on a keyring, lanyiard, etc... Why does the quite expensive LS series not? And if not, is it possible to order some of these rings for my LS's?? Just a thought.

grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Small SS split rings can be found in the fishing section of most sporting goods stores. Ordering them online would cost you several hundred times more in postage than in product.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dat2Zip also sells them in his store along with a few other "must-have" items.
His shipping is quite reasonable.

mst3k

Enlightened
Ok, I've thought about the point of my post all night and realize now that perhaps I worded it wrong. Yes, Darrell, I know you can buy them for real cheap at a sporting goods store and I will. My point really was, why is this cheap little gem included with the $26 light, but not the $160 premium light?

mst3k

Enlightened
And further, I guess, ultimately it says, thanks for spending your money for my product and to show my thanks I won't make you drive to a sporting goods store for something as trivial as a split ring................. Does this make more sense??

mst3k

Enlightened
Oh yeah and..........and..........and........don't even get me started on the fact that for $160 you don't even get a $3.00 Battery?????
confused.gif

Ok, rant over
bluesigh.gif

Did I mention that I'm actually very happy??
blush.gif

Ya know, in business, it's the little things that make the difference! That was my real point!

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened
Well.....

Funny you should mention the desire for an included battery. My ARC LSH Premium arrived today and of all things, there was a nice shiny new DL-123 included in the package.
smile.gif

I do agree, it would be kind of nice if the split ring were included.

m-thew

Newly Enlightened
Hobby Lobby stores (costume jewlery access. dept.)sells two different small sizes of split rings that fit in the itty bitty SMALL hole in the LS for .50 for packs of 6. Gold or silver
standard.jpg

B@rt

Flashaholic
mst3k ,
since Arc states it is delivered with battery:
1x 123 photo lithium pack with tail switch included (battery included), other packs available, see below
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I would suggest you drop Peter an e-mail...
rolleyes.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi mst3k...

I agree with you. I think Peter should send the LS`s out with a split ring installed, especially since the AAA`s are sent out that way.

Having said that, though, I don`t view the absence of a split ring on the LS`s as a big deal. It`s a part of life I can handle OK!

smile.gif
grin.gif
smile.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, if Carpe Diem says we should have a split ring included then today I will start adding the AAA split ring to the LS packs.

The reason the LS is so austere in what is included is because our focus is intensly on the light itself. But now that the design is the most stable it has ever been, I can start spreading out the focus.

Peter Gransee

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter will you ever stop bending over backwards to please your customers? You are 'da man!

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Originally posted by Gransee:
...snip... I can start spreading out the focus.

Peter Gransee
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No, don't change the beam patern, it's nice the way it is now
tongue.gif

mst3k

Enlightened
Carpe Diem, Exactly. That is the point I was trying to make! I really wasn't trying to be a PITA. As you stated I can totally live without the ring as well. It isn't "life" changing
smile.gif

I merely meant it would be a nice touch. Thanks Peter, as stated you are 'Da Man!!

mst3k

Enlightened
Oh and Bart in all fairness to Peter I just went back and reread his policy on included items. It now clearly states:

1x 123 photo lithium pack with tail switch included (battery not included), other packs available, see below
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So I think Luminocity receiving a battery may have simply been a quirk.

sideman7

Newly Enlightened
Actually, I got a battery with my LSH-P too. I'm pretty sure that it also stated on the site that it came with a battery when I ordered it. Maybe the policy has changed...

Status
Not open for further replies.