HELP! Looking for 1" diameter light w/side switch

dw51

Enlightened
Like the title says, I'm looking for a 1" diameter light with a side (body)switch (not tailcap) to mount on the forend of a shotgun. I currently have a tailcap switch light on my shotgun and light activation is somewhat difficult, not to mention the chance of breaking a thumb when firing while activating the light. I feel a side mounted switch would be easier to activate. I know, a Surefire forend would be ideal, but I don't have that kind of cash right now. Any ideas?

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the Inova T4-T5 is 1 inch in diamiter. While the new versions are not Cree bright, they whould make decent tactical lights. You might try one of those.

mdocod

Flashaholic
Nuwai ALX-253L is a luxV light that has a side reverse clicky, takes 3x CR123s or 2x17500 cells.

bout $60 I think.

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
How about a Pelican M3 LED? 7.25" L x 1.25" head diameter. Pushbutton on the side, near the head. 3 X CR123As. Brightguy sells them for about $71.

Good luck.

dw51

Enlightened
What is the body diameter of the M3? I need to keep it at 1".

Also, does anyone know the diameter of the SL Stinger?

Dave Huck

Newly Enlightened
How about a stock Striker VG? I'm not sure whether the cree modded version from battery junction will be shockproof enough for a shotgun but that would be a hell of a combo :)

You might also want to consider putting a tape switch on your existing light. If you really want to save some money you could try and find an aftermarket version from an airsoft supplier, they're as cheap as chips.

HTH

Dave

Last edited:

boosterboy

Enlightened
Like the title says, I'm looking for a 1" diameter light with a side (body)switch (not tailcap) to mount on the forend of a shotgun. I currently have a tailcap switch light on my shotgun and light activation is somewhat difficult, not to mention the chance of breaking a thumb when firing while activating the light. I feel a side mounted switch would be easier to activate. I know, a Surefire forend would be ideal, but I don't have that kind of cash right now. Any ideas?

Shotgun make and model?

My suggestion would be a Surefire G2 with Z32 shock-isolated bezel (shotgun recoil) and an-aftermarket tapeswitch. You can velcro the tape-switch to the forearm.

check here for bundles.

I know the tapeswitch is 23$ shipped, and IIRC the bezel is like 30$ shipped.
You can build it off your existing G2 or get a bundle and save money.

lights152.jpg

cy

Flashaholic
neat link from AR15 ... nice packages for lights you've already got..