Any of Kai's or DX's Cree/SSC lights have momentary clickies???

dbhn

Newly Enlightened
Any help will be appreciated. Looking to replace a couple of nightstand lights but want them to have momentary clicky and be bright and affordable. They don't leave the drawer much.
Thanks.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a couple of LED/butane torches arrive from KD today (also sold by DX) and they have momentary buttons for the LED part. Very affordable, and run off button cells. You might want something a bit more upmarket though. What sort of budget are you thinking of?

dbhn

Newly Enlightened
Ideally a 2x123 Cree. Super bright. They are mostly in the $20 range.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not such a fan of those cells - way too expensive down here. But I think it would be good to have low and high settings. Low so you don't dazzle yourself in the middle of the night when you have dark-adjusted vision, and of course high so you could dazzle someone else if you so wanted.

dbhn

Newly Enlightened
Thanks.
I've got Brinkmann Maxfires on this duty now. Pretty much the same as the G2. Like them but would like to update with LEDs. Maybe drop ins for the Maxfires would work. Are there any?

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maxfire switches can not always handle high power LED modules. I melted one with a highly driven 3W Luxeon drop-in. The switch internal plastic parts literally melted. The Brinkmann is OK for what it does stock, but it is not as tolerant of mods as the G2 or even better 6P (for aluminum mass for heat sinking and better fit of modules). I got a G2 to replace my burnt up Brinkmann Maxfire LX since I wanted it as a reliable in-car emergency/back-up light. It is a great value for that.
Thanks.
I've got Brinkmann Maxfires on this duty now. Pretty much the same as the G2. Like them but would like to update with LEDs. Maybe drop ins for the Maxfires would work. Are there any?

Randy Shackleford

Enlightened
Last edited: