anyone bought this from Deal extreme?

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hm... LED wires are attached to either side of a small capacitor, and it looks like a little coil (inductor) as well as the odd IC and resistor. You'd think it was a step-up circuit with that stuff.

Oh, wait, it is. :tinfoil:

The only person I've mentioned this board to said something about 300mA not being enough for his needs. (I'm beginning to think he might have the torch bug bad.) Maybe they could be used in parallel, so a couple would have a roughly 2 amp draw on an AA and give 600mA to an LED with 1+ hour runtime from a NiMH cell.

Why a Luxeon, exactly? Is that just what you happen to have on hand?

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
It appears to be a Zetex circuit. With the datasheet, and a surface mount resistor, the current could be upped easily if the inductor was up to the task.

Krit

Enlightened
2A and push out only 600 mA is not good when compare to Lamba's minipro which want only 1A from battery.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
2A and push out only 600 mA is not good when compare to Lamba's minipro which want only 1A from battery.

Um... 2 amps at 1.2 volts converted to 600mA at 3.6V means 90% efficiency. That is good. :ironic: (Or would be if it's actually doing that.)

If your battery already is 3.6 volts then 1 amp from the battery would be 1 amp to the LED. Got it? :thumbsup:

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've ordered some two days ago. I'm thinking of making a Tri or quad mag using one driver per LED (SSC P4 or Cree) in a 2D mag. I'll give some feedback when I get them.

Krit

Enlightened

OOp' Sorry 2A from 1AA to 600 mA for drive emitter is pretty good for convertion.