Surefire E2D with Cree XR-E

mdt1007

Newly Enlightened
I am planning on buying a Surefire E2D "Exective Defender" and heard about the new revolutionary CREE XR-E LED bulbs. Could I just replace the original lamp assembly and drop the one here (http://tinyurl.com/38ow9m) for the light to work with more than twice the original 60 lumens? I highly doubt I will get the advertised 200 though. Thanks, CPF!

btw this is my first post. After purchasing my first "serious" light, a G&P R500, and then a G&P M3 pistol rail light, I think I am starting to become a flashaholic.. :D

jbosman1013

Enlightened
i got the same one a while back and it stoped working in 3 days and at the time they were only rated at 150lm if that tells you anything
icon13.gif

mdt1007

Newly Enlightened
thx! so if I wanted a cree lamp for a surefire "defendable" light, i should stick with the 6P defender?

mdt1007

Newly Enlightened
what a coincidence, the reviewer on the dealextreme site and I share a name! and how common is a name like mo?

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mtd, the link refers to a D26 drop in module for D26 lights such as 6P, C2, C3, M2, Z2 etc. If you want a led and need a defender light the only option here is the SF 6PD and a drop in led module.

There's a few dealers here who sell them. Check out the dealer section in CPF marketplace. Also browse through this 'Led' section and you can find the modules being discussed in details. Of course they are 3rd party products therefore some care is required with their usage. There are also issues which you should be aware prior to purchasing.

And welcome to CPF!!

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in CPF is a thread about a LED mod for the E2D, can´t find it unfortunatelly.

You could crank up the lumens to about 90 using lumens factorys EO-E2R lamp assembly and as bonus you´ll be able to use rechargeables.That´s what I did since I don´t have the skills to achive the LED mod myself.

Eric

Last edited:

LiteFan

Enlightened
There are no "drop in" led options for the E2D, there are some mods posted but I do not think any of them are still produced.:(

SmokeDiver

Newly Enlightened
If your not completely locked in to going LED for your E2D, look at Lumens Factory for replacement bulb modules for Surefire. You can go up to 150 lumens with their EO-E2R using 3.6v Li-ion rechargables. I've got 2 E2D's set up like this, and am very pleased with it. You can find their bulbs for the E2D here:

http://www.lumensfactory.com/products.php?cat_id=5

You can find good quality Li-ion cells here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1680009&postcount=2

The E2D is a great little light. I'm not sure an LED will ever do it justice, but a light like the Fenix P3D is about as close as you can get for the form factory of the E2D. Now if only we can get somebody to mod the Surefire to fit the P3D LED module...