RexLight2.0's S.O.S. mode problem anyone?

x2x3x2

Banned
I tried out the modes on my RexLight2.0, it goes Low > Medium > High > Strobe > S.O.S.(?)

The problem is the S.O.S mode on mine repeatedly blinks in sets of 3, each blink lasts for the same amount of time

Instead of the proper S.O.S. pattern of:
3 short blink > 3 long blinks > 3 short blinks.

Mine just seems to do:
3 blinks > 3 blinks > 3 blinks > and so on...

My RexLight2.0 is in Natural and has 2007050156 printed on the head. Looks like a date. Year: 2007, Month: 05, Day: 01, #56?

[edit]

Wops, sorry my bad. They actually do blink in 3 short blink > 3 long blinks > 3 short. The thing is that the short blinks are almost as long as the long blinks :p oh well...

Last edited:

daywalker

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, i have the same problem. I have a natural with # 200740081. But i would say the blinks are all at the same timecode. I only can see a little longer pause after 9 blinks.

But i think i am going to stay with it, at least that long until my black ones arrive. But we should send a email to kaidomain, that there is indded a problem with the circuit.

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
This has been a minor problem on all the rexy's SOS is just a slow strobe
That's the way mine works, and I don't see it as a problem at all. I'd much rather have a useful locator beacon, rather than a (useless to me) morse code SOS.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light was originally designed to have an SOS mode, but the first run (at least mine which is number 2007040083) has the fast strobe and then what they are calling "slow strobe" which is basically just a slow blinking light that will cause some attention to yourself I would imagine.

I personally don't care either way because I think the SOS mode is pretty much useless anyway.

Latest posts