Has any found smaller O rings for Rexlight?

bullpup

Newly Enlightened
The oversize rings are real difficult now that the weather is warmer, TIA

TeK

Newly Enlightened
I've just ordered this, hoping these new o-rings will do the job. They have shipped already but I haven't received the package yet.

big beam

Enlightened
I hope the new rex's we get have the new o rings.Shouldn't Kai send these out for free?My rex's are Very hard to open.
DON

TeK

Newly Enlightened
If I understand Kai's description for these o-rings correctly, the newer Rexlights shouldn't need them. The date on mine is March 2nd, 2007 (apparently one of the first batches).

I was also hoping for free replacement but $0.75 is not too bad. I guess it just pays for shipping.

I currently installed only one o-ring on each side of my Rexlight. With two o-rings it is way too tight. I prefer if my 14500 can vent freely :poof:

TeK

Newly Enlightened
Well, I think I found these o-rings while looking through the new arrivals. I've noticed that it takes a while for the new items to be sorted into the categories. For example, I also ordered some binoculars that were nowhere to be found elsewhere on the site but in the new arrivals.

BTW, I've installed the new Rexlight o-rings a few days ago and they fit very well. I like the Rexlight now, apart from the annoying UI... I still have room to mod there :thinking:

BillMPL

Newly Enlightened
I ordered mine from Kai on June 2nd right after reading Tek's post. Just checked today and they're still "collecting from supplier", even though when I ordered them it said they were in stock.:shakehead

Will it never end? :sigh:

big beam

Enlightened
The new rexlights seem to have smaller o-rings(the black ones).I changed the o-rings in my older rex(nat)with the new ones and they work much better.So if you ever get the new ones from Kai they will work better

DON

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
My week old black Rexlight must have the new o-rings. Even before greasing it up good I had no problem with them.

Geoff

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my Rexlights a few days ago. I thought they were from the second batch, but they have the clear o-rings. That said, I haven't had any problems with them.

KevinCK

Newly Enlightened
My Rexlight order number was 38xx and the status was changed to 'shipped' sometime in the last week. Here's hoping.

Bearcat

Enlightened
While everyone is out looking for O-rings, if you run across a good buy on a holster with a belt loop and a hand lanyard that fits a large hand please let me know, since my Rexlight came with neither.

BTW, my Rexlight works perfectly, but I'm a little sad about the run-time compared to the Fenix L1D-CE from what I have read in the reviews.

Note to Self: Wait until the reviews have been done, before pushing PayPal button.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'm a bit disappointed knowing the Rexlights apparent shortcomings, but in reality may never actually notice it. I'll probably be using frequently topped off rechargeables 95% of the time. BTW, my no problem o-rings are the clear ones and my order number was 3712, if this helps those still in limbo.

Geoff

tty5150

Newly Enlightened
Note to Self: Wait until the reviews have been done, before pushing PayPal button.

You are perfectly right. I paid for a single AA flashlight with ability to run on 2AA and 14500 and received a 14500 flashlight with poor support for AA and no support for 2AA. Poor support for AA means that more energy goes to heat than light. And PWM ....

greenLED

Flashaholic
I've replaced some stock o-rings with glo-rings and the action is much smoother. You can get them from Sigman now.

Choose the smaller size down from the stock ones the light has. I know that defeats the purpose of having GID rings, but they're good quality silicone and are very stretchy.

BillMPL

Newly Enlightened
I ordered mine from Kai on June 2nd right after reading Tek's post. Just checked today and they're still "collecting from supplier", even though when I ordered them it said they were in stock.:shakehead

I notice it still says they are in stock and ships within a couple of days. I received a paypal recipt, but no receipt from Kai. I emailed them but have received no answer yet.

bullpup

Newly Enlightened
Have not been online for a while. Just checked my O ring order from June 3. It is still collecting from supplier. WTF! How can it be so hard to have a box of O rings? Has anyone found a second source?

BillMPL

Newly Enlightened
Have not been online for a while. Just checked my O ring order from June 3. It is still collecting from supplier. WTF! How can it be so hard to have a box of O rings? Has anyone found a second source?
I emailed Kai and asked why my order hadn't shipped, even though it said they were in stock. They didn't answer me, but the next day I noticed the status was changed to shipped. I think they have some issues with keeping track of orders.:shakehead