Rexlight 2.0 - Is this just me

vescalera

Newly Enlightened
I got my Rexlight about 1 month ago. When I first got it, I had a hard time getting it to come on. I tried it with alkaline and Ni-MH rechargable AA, and it would not come on. I switched 3 or 4 different batteries until I put in a 2700 mAH fleshly recharged AA, then it turned on. And it works fine since.

Couple days ago, I was playing with the light, and took off the front and tail caps, but after I put it back together, the light would not come on again, regardless of what battery I put in from brand new alkaline to fleshy recharged AAs. Does this happen to anyone? And more importantly, how can I get it to work again.

Thanks in advance for your help.
TL

Kevin K

Newly Enlightened
You might have the tailcap & head reversed, try switching them around. The same thing happened on my Fenix L1P.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Rexlight tail and head can't be swapped the threads are different.
Norm

the servents of twilight

Newly Enlightened
Your tailcap may have loosened up. I had mine for a month too and the tailcap loosened. If that is the problem it is an easy fix. I tightened mine with a knife.

sclemin1

Newly Enlightened
One of 4 Rexlights I have wouldn't turn on. The solution on the dead one was to sand the battery tube on the end that screws into the head. There was some anodizing at the end of this tube that needed to be removed. I didn't see it until compairing it to a light that worked

Last edited:

vescalera

Newly Enlightened
One of 4 Rexlights I have wouldn't turn on. The solution on the dead one was to sand the battery tube on the end that screws into the head. There was some anodizing at the end of this tube that needed to be removed. I didn't see it until compairing it to a light that worked

Many thanks, that's it. I sand down the end of the tube near the tail cap, and the light comes on. Thanks for the suggestions. What a great helpful group of people.

TL.