Tail Switch questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
1) does the TS affect H20 resistance compared to the old style?

2) did the TS go through any changes after the proto units were sent to the testers?

3) do ya like 'em?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can take a shot at all three but the beta testers should also add their notes.

1. Yes, but the TSPs have been tested at over 100ft of pressure.

2. Yes, 2 more revisions for good measure. They were minor though.

3. I think they are a slick design (a testiment to Henry's engineering). However, I do think they are to big for my EDC tastes- I prefer the 123 rechargeable. I would prefer the TSP-2AA for long car trips and camping because the AA cells are interchangeable with my GPS.

Peter

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
Mr. Gransee, Mr. Gransee...some follow ups, sir..

1. did they still function? I take it a 10' immersion is ok?

3. length of the 2aa tsp on a LS head?

4. are run time and brightness affected if I use the 2aa pack, (which I am inclined to do for battery compatability issues), and if so, how...?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Yes, they were dry at 100 feet of depth. So we think they will be fine at the 50ft rated depth. This is for the pack and switch, not the flashlight head. The head should be fine but has not been tested completly at this time.

3. 5.830 inches from front of flashlight to tip of tail switch.

4. Brightness is not really affected. Regulation insures consistancy. Run time is improved since there is more battery volume. We do not have any published run times for each type of AA cell. NiMHs are recommended but not required with this pack.

Peter

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those the don't like the length of the TSP I thought I'd remind people that the (Kroll) TSP switch mechanism can be unscrewed and replaced with a Ram Instruments Mini-Mag tail switch.

The Kroll is the much superior product but for those concerned only with size, the Ram will save you over 1/4".

Status
Not open for further replies.