I need a fix....

BytorJr

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I just joined, but have been lurking a while. I figured I may as well join since this has become a "problem;" maybe group therapy will help :). Between here and flashlightreviews.com I've become an addict.

Anyway, I've got a few lights already (in order of favoritism):
1) EDC Ultimate 60 XR GT
2) Surefire L5
3) Pierce M10i
4) Surefire 9P
5) Fenix P1 (my edc)
6) Nuwai TM-301X-5

I've also got a few Maglight drop-ins and some LED drop-ins for cheap lights...which work well for lanterns. I've also got a few RR Lanterns and those cheap, but good Energizer fold-ups (both in LED(AA) and tubes(D)).

Now, I've got some questions for you guys and gals:
1) Should I upgrade the HDS to a P4? How about the L5?

2) I'm really wanting an Orb Raw NS - just how good are they? Is the battery going to be a problem. I've never messed with rechargeables, so go easy on me :).

3) I REALLY want the WEE as well...who doesn't, right?

That said, I'm starting to think my P1 isn't for EDC anymore, so I've narrowed it down to the Orb or a Fenix L0P-CE. I EDC on the key chain if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF!! Sounds like you are off to a good start. I don't have an Orb Raw NS but I am ordering one Monday! I can't wait. 1.77 inches..are you kidding me? Will make my P1D-CE look large.. :wave:

BytorJr

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty sure I want the Raw over the "L0" Fenix. Right, that 1.77 inches is too cool. I want the WEE too though. I figure for an EDC, I'd like to have the ability to have bright light (120 lumen), and the ability to run for a while in case I'm stuck somewhere by accident at night without a torch.

I'm considering the P2D as well, with a AA tube to boot. In a crunch, since I'm in Hurricane Alley (or will be moving to the panhandle shortly from Central FL), I want a lot of options when it comes to powering me torches.

My other question about the HDS remains. Does the P4 have nice white tint like my "GT?" Artifacts seem to be non-existent according to posts. So, how much $$ to get the HDS modified? And is it worth getting the L5 done or just wait until Surefire comes out with the Cree head?

Oh, one more thing. I haven't seen much on here about the Pierce M10i. I don't EDC the thing because somehow I voted it to be "garage queen." I broke the lens when I changed out from wide to narrow, and need to order a couple of them; but it's still one bright light. True, the UI could have been better, but it's a great light. Who else has one?

Thanks again!

BytorJr

Newly Enlightened
I wonder how hard it'd be to mod the Pierce? Since it's got the optic that is. Hmmm, maybe I'll send my HDS and Pierce to Milkyspit to get modded. I wonder if he'd be game for this?

BillC

Newly Enlightened
If you need a light before hurricane season is over, I would go with the Fenix L0D-CE. I have had a Raw NS on order for 8 weeks. Using 10440 Li-Ion rechargables, the L0D-CE hangs pretty close to the Orb for output and it is about half the price.