Is there a multi level, non-PWM, single-AA Cree EDC ?

Martin

Enlightened
A week ago I rcvd the Dexlight X.V and I'm impressed. Small and vy versatile due to its multiple levels, perfect beam and tint, too.
What I quickly noticed however is the use of PWM for dimming. I asked myself if a comparable light exists that doesn't dim by PWM.
I been browsing CPF and went thru whc's helpful list of Cree lights, but couldn't find a non-PWM multilevel single-AA one.
Did I miss something or do all lights out of this category rely on PWM for dimming ?

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not all: for instance Fenix L1D CE is a single AA CREE light that does not have PWM for the low mode.

Also Lumapower M3 in the 1xAA form factor does not have PWM and I believe there are others.

Did you mean BTW to refer to 1 x AAA ??

Krit

Enlightened
I realy want P2D or LxD circuit to make my new light. They use non pwm circuit.

LowTEC

Enlightened
Just a head-up, watch out for centered CREE, it seems like Fenix STILL having a hard time to have the LED sitting at the center:rolleyes:, other than that, great lights. The M3 simply not designed for high output, but it might have better quality than Fenix's. Let us know what you think

TheMechanic

Newly Enlightened
the Liteflux LF1 has two modes and is non-pwm. It has a really nice forward clicky too.

The LF1 isn't a Cree light (they've promised one, but have yet to deliver.) Also, it does have some build quality issues.

It is, however, a neat little light.

-=[ Grant ]=-