really miss all the B/S/T posts... half the fun on CPF was pouncing on deals...

cy

Flashaholic
really miss all the B/S/T posts... half the fun on CPF was pouncing on deals...

along with reduced eyeballs, comes a reduction of liquidity.

Greta

Flashaholic
I guess I just don't "get" this... :thinking: ... What's there to "miss"? You click on the link to the forum that is on the main index page and you go to the forums. Unless you're talking about scanning the "New Posts" feature. Well... you can do that very easily too by clicking on the link on the main index page and then going to the top of that page and clicking on "New Posts". I guess I just don't understand why that is so much of a hassle... :shrug:

savumaki

Enlightened
Personally I love it the way it is; all the chaff is in one place. If you want to buy make the BST page your home page; couldn't be simpler.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I just don't understand why that is so much of a hassle... :shrug:

It isn´t a hassle at all. At first I didn´t like the idea of two seperated/linked forums but it turned out to be just the way it was, almost. Just one click more and one additional for the "New Posts". No problems here.

Eric

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with Cy. The new setup isn't the end of the world by any means, but it is just easier to click on one "new posts" link and see everything at once, rather than going here to look for new posts and then going there to look for new posts.

Cy and I both come from the school of thought that much of the fun at CPF is trying to catch a bargain before anyone else grabs it. Back when the old Arc company was recently deceased, for example, I would battle Cy for Arcs and he would win 90% of the time. :) Looking for those bargains requires repetitive hits on the new posts link.

Again, its a minor point, and if this is the worst thing I can find to gripe about then I'm having a pretty good day, but nevertheless for the user its a small step in the wrong direction to segregate BST.

Cy, what I have done is to open a CPF window and a separate CPFMarketplace window, then hit the new posts link in each window as required. The number of clicks is not reduced, but its just a little easier maybe than having to look for the BST link at CPF, if that makes sense.

cheers

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Makes no difference to me, The B/S/T is my homepage so...:nana:

Greta

Flashaholic
Off topic... but thought it worth mentioning... CUSO... nice job on the sigline! :twothumbs .... nicely within the new parameters... :D

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't missed a beat. It fact, I actually think it's better. If I'm really pressed for time, I can make sure I'm not missing out on any killer deals without having to skim through everything else, which always results in me stopping to read and possibly post. (gotta find places for my money to go before it falls on the floor after burning a hole in my pocket) I know, I'd be missing on the Custom Mod/BST, but I can just check that forum by itself.

molite

Newly Enlightened
I can find pro's and con's with the old way and the new way.
One must adapt or be left in the dark.
As short as my memory is, I have almost forgotten the old way.

waynejitsu

Enlightened
The PM in CPF is different than in the marketplace..., really strange.

Anyone else have this "problem"?

For example, unless I check BOTH forums, I may be missing pm's from others.
It would have been much easier, faster, etc if all the pm's were the same on both forums without being seperate.

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only problem is that everything on CPF Marketplace is showing up as already read.

That is my only concern.

If you go to regular cpf and stay for a period of time without checking new posts in the marketplace(or vice versa), are they reset in any way?
if so how long do you have?

Can I go directly to cpf marketplace more than once a day and regular cpf only once and not miss any new posts?

thank you for the new CPF:p;):kiss::D

Greta

Flashaholic
CPF proper... (where you are right now)... and CPFMarketPlace are two completely different websites with two completely different databases. Doing something on or in one does not have any effect whatsoever with the other. For example... when you go to EDCForums and read your PM's there, does it effect your PM's here? No. If you go to any other bulletin board on the internet and read the posts there, does it effect the posts you've read here? No. Same thing with CPF and CPFMP.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
It took me a little while to become accustomed to the new setup.

Think of it like this:

CandlePowerForums and CPFMarketPlace look similar due to running the same forum software and using the same color scheme, but they are two completely separate web sites with links to each other.

The article databases, searches, posting counts, PMs, and emails at the sites are separate and independent from each other. You must login to each web site separately to post.

Using a different color scheme for each web site would make this easier to understand.

EDIT: Wow, I was composing this at the same time Sasha was making similar points in her article above.

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Sasha, and great idea on the color parnass:)

so how do i change color schemes?

Last edited:

Greta

Flashaholic
Actually... I have been thinking about the color scheme thing... I didn't want to shock the hell out of everyone all at once... :ironic: ... I was thinking of going more toward a green... nothing in your face... just a subtle adjustment... easy on the eyes... GREEN! :D

Kiessling

Flashaholic
:aaa: NO !!! :nana:

Mistress ... remember ... the old days ... Classic Dessert ... I want my Classic Dessert back.
You make CPF Classic Dessert and you have my permission to make the MP as green as you would like :green: :D

bernie

Greta

Flashaholic
Bernie... you KNOW how much I hate the desert classic... :eeew: ... When I get time, though, I will look for the template to add to the inventory... :sick2:

Anyway... yeah, I like green... or there is another theme that I came up with for another site of mine that my husband has been working on... it suits the topic... CrimeSceneForums... :D

LouRoy

Enlightened
I agree that the color schemes should be different. It is currently not immediately clear what site you are on.

I also do not like having to log on to both forums separately. And for some reason, I do not stay logged in like I used to and have to re-enter my username and password on a regular basis.

I can only hope that these issues will be corrected.

Having two separate forums is definitely less user friendly that having it all together.