Cree VS SSC P4 Emitter comparison

sixfellas

Newly Enlightened
Wondering if anyone has done a comprehensive comparison of the Cree vs the SSC P4 in identical voltage and current situations. What one is more efficient and what one is brighter at similar outputs? Did quite a few searches and came up with nothing.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Great link darksky!

sixfellas,

Identical current and identical voltage can only take you so far. It has been discussed before but to really evaluate the two packages of the EZ1000 die, one would want to start with two identical dice and then have Cree and Seoul dress them up for competition. The variation in tint, flux and Vf in the population of EZ1000 dice makes it difficult to compare them once they have been packaged, IMHO. :shrug:

sixfellas

Newly Enlightened
I guess I was more wondering if someone had taken a SSC out of a light and placed a Cree or vice versa and got a generalized idea of if there was a clear winner or if it was just too close to tell.

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
Forgetting light intensity for a minute, the Cree seems to me a better quality product and there seem to be more problems with the Seoul changing color etc.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast