Maxtorch        

Thread: LSH problem

Default LSH problem

Just finished off DL123a that came with it, pop a new one in - NOTHING. Put a SF123a in - STILL NOTHING. Put the original DL in - BINGO. Put a fresh DL in - Nothing.

It is a LSH P with an older(twist-on) 123 cell holder.

Help [img]graemlins/bluesigh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Default Re: LSH problem

OK, it works fine with Duracell Ultras, it does NOT work with regular DLs or SFs.

Even with Ultras, I have to twist the tailcap all the way in - no room left at all.

Is this normal, or do I have a bad LS?

Yep, just put a washer in the cell holder, and it works fine. Loose tolerance...

Peter?

Anybody?

I'm here. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

That's kinda normal with the twist pack, that's why Peter's not going to make them anymore. That doesn't mean your out of luck though. Each batch was machined a bit differently, so if you can get peter to send you a pack that isn't so deep it should work fine.

If you can, post a photo of the inside (bottom) of your 123 pack so I can see the tip that contacts the battery.

Also, try this with a Surefire cell. Peel as much of the label off at the bottom edges of the cell (around the negitive end). See if it works now. I used to have a 123 pack that would have worked perfectly for you but I just sold it recently. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

A small wad of foil works too, not cool but it stays in the bottom when you change the batteries.

Here you go Sean:

With foil the light flickers when you shake it [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Anyways, I don't like the new click-pack. I want the smellest and brightest light possible, and before I grab LS with TSP-123, I'll grab my E1e. It is about the same size, same runtime, better "throw", output is fairly constant for 75 min, so... Or yea, and it seems to be better made. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Sean, just looked at your pics - and where is my foam ring? I noticed my cell making a lot of noise, but figured it was normal.

Arc stopped putting the foam rings in (because the TSP packs don't need them) but they will send one for free if you send them a self addressed stamped envelope.

I would work with Peter to get you a replacement twist pack that's not so deep and have him send you a foam ring while your at it. That should take care of your problem. I have a few twist packs that work perfectly so I know a replacement can solve your problem.

Thanks.

Flashaholic

fc,

I have that problem sometimes with new inventory and have found that it's the battery pack..... I think the squish factor is a problem....maybe the pack bottoms out befor the contact is made.

I dont know if you have other packs you can test this with.....but I have gotten replacement packs for lights I've had that problem with and they now work fine.

Aloa

Flashaholic

I had a problem with the nipple inside of the old 123 tail pack wareing down. I just cut off the plasic covering on the battery.