best place to pick up an arc-LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg-o

Newly Enlightened
notice I said best, not cheapest.

I'd like a AAA Arc-LE light. I have seen the "regular" (non-LE) ones on ebay for fairly cheap, but I want the LE::
aaaLE.jpg

I'd also like maybe one or two of those nifty clips so I can clip it on my hat, and I also would like that very attractive 10 year warranty from ARC.

Where would be the best place to buy?
Can I even still purchase the LE, or has it been discontinued?

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good luck, I don't know anyone that has them in stock. They are not being discontinued but very soon they will only be available direct from Arc due to the grade of LED used being difficult to aquire.

The regular Arc AAA's are black. The color black is being phased out and they will all soon be natural HA III color, like in the picture you are showing.

greg-o

Newly Enlightened
ARC still has the arc-AAA LE in stock, right? I can buy direct from them, right?

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just checked the Arc website, if you attempt to order a LE it says "requested quantity unavailable" - Sorry
bluesigh.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
search on yahoo shopping for "ARC LE", two sites pop up that have them. $40ea.

greg-o

Newly Enlightened
tkl- I tried that. here are the two sites:
1.official arc website (requested quantity unavailable)
2. meridian tactical supply (also out of stock).

I'll never own an LE! my life is over!!! whaaaa!!!

how are the regular AAA lights? I think I'll just get one of those instead.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by greg-o:
tkl- I tried that. here are the two sites:
1.official arc website (requested quantity unavailable)
2. meridian tactical supply (also out of stock).

I'll never own an LE! my life is over!!! whaaaa!!!

how are the regular AAA lights? I think I'll just get one of those instead.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i talked to them via email minutes to posting that. i guess they can run out that
icon3.gif
fast.
icon3.gif
icon3.gif

greg-o

Newly Enlightened
eurobeetle- all I have is a lightwave 3000, and a startronics 3-led amber solar flashlight. I like my lightwave too much to trade, sorry.

I do however have some cool computer stuff - I've got an 800MHz AMD K-7 classic slot A processor and a generic ATX style power supply, 2x CD-rom drive, other stuff like that if you're interested.

I've already got 2 offers on LE's, so unless you're up for either that or you're into paintball stuff, which I have way too much of, I think you may be out of luck.

greg-o

Newly Enlightened
well, just out of curiosity, what is so much better with the LE than the "standard" AAA? Is it just for bragging rights for cocky flashaholics? hehe j/k

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, just out of curiosity, what is so much better with the LE than the "standard" AAA? Is it just for bragging rights for cocky flashaholics? hehe j/k
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">the beam is a little smoother and not as blue. according to the beamshots i saw, they're around here somewhere, in this thread perhaps.

it really doesn't matter as arc will be shippng a new batch at the end of this month in the "standard" version which will now be in natural ha type 3. and the "premium" model formerly the "le" model. in other words, they will be available shortly, just by a different name.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
The difference is body color and LED rank.

LE has a more greenish corona. (that makes it less blue)
Standard has more bluish corona.

greg-o

Newly Enlightened
tkl:

I'm not totally sure I understand what you are saying. Are you saying that ARC will "re-release" the LE, only under a different name? I think I may want to wait for this light.

It still has the "high end" led? I have heard that the 2nd gen "standard" AAA ones have had crappy LEDs that have had artifacts in the light. I don't want this.

What is the name of the "new" light arc is coming out with? It still uses AAA's?

Anarchocap

Enlightened
I just stopped by Arc today and spoke with Peter. I got the whole "tour" and then some (thanks Peter!). Anyway, I asked about the LE/Nichia situation. The answer was they have a date but Nichia has fallen through before on their orders. If they make their commitment, you might see a run in the near future.

greg-o

Newly Enlightened
hrm. so do you think I should wait for this "new" line to come out? What will be some extra features?

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
tkl:

I'm not totally sure I understand what you are saying. Are you saying that ARC will "re-release" the LE, only under a different name? I think I may want to wait for this light.

It still has the "high end" led? I have heard that the 2nd gen "standard" AAA ones have had crappy LEDs that have had artifacts in the light. I don't want this.

What is the name of the "new" light arc is coming out with? It still uses AAA's?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">the following pertains to the ARC AAA:

as i understand it, ARC will be shipping the next bach soon. the LE model is gone. but there will be a "premium" model that is the same as the old LE model. the standard model will be available as well, but in natural ha 3, not black.

if i'm wrong i'm sure somebody will jump in.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.