A quick hello

tinyblob

Newly Enlightened
Figured i'd post a quick hello.

I made my way over here from EDCForums and i've been lurking for a while. My conversion to fully fledged flashaholic has been a sudden and violent reaction. I've gone from having one boring AA Maglite to having (in order of acquisition):

* AA Maglite
("upgraded" with niteeyes LED and clickie)

* Natural Inova X1
(spot style - gave it to a guy on EDC who was looking for a bedside light that wouldn't disturb his sleeping wife, hopefully it did a good job for him!)

* Big bag of fauxtons
(bought from Dealextreme, my first of many visits to that site)

* Black Inova X1
(flood style - bought as a replacement, not sure why i bought it since i dislike the dull light and stiff tailcap switch)

* Fenix L0D-CE
(uh oh. i bought a cree and loved it. the addiction begins)

* Jetbeam C-LE
(original model, bought cheap on DX. liked the build and size but didn't like the "flicker" and rough twist operation)

* Fenix P1D-CE
(bought for a great price from a great guy on EDC, loved the light but was a little small for my EDC)

* Orb Raw
(had been ogling it for a while but put it off because of my lack of knowledge regarding all the different options, as soon as they line was updated with crees i snapped one up)

* Dexlight X.1
(snapped one up as soon as i saw it.. looked like it would be a superb replacement for the Jetbeam that i didn't love. it was my first clickie and i loved it! the UI is a bit annoying though)

* Huntlight FT-01XSE
(the most recent light i got my hands on. it's my in-pocket EDC and i absolutely love it. nearly the perfect size for me, clickie, crenelated bezel and so much light!)

That's my current collection, unless i've forgotten something.. but there are several lights that i "own" but don't have. Being based in the UK (Scotland specifically) i usually have to wait a while for deliveries (plus you'd be surprised how many people won't ship over here!), so here are the lights i'm eagerly awaiting:

* Ultrafire C2
(bought this one on Dealextreme after i discovered that a previous order was out of stock. it looked like a great light for the money, and since my collection is mostly small lights i figured it was a must)

* Ultrafire C3
(cree, clickie, cheap.. why not)

* Gerber Infinity Ultra Red
(bought for my Urban Exploration addiction, the red light will help save my night vision and it's a tad more stealthy)

* P1D Leef body
(okay, it's not a light, but i think it'll really improve the P1D-CE for me!)

* Generic 1AA UV
(chucked into a lighthound order for charging up GID)

* Luxogen LR5
(bought from a seller here, it's been modified with a red luxIII so i had to buy it)

* Surefire Z2 with Cree drop-in and FM35 red filter
(yeah. my first surefire. with a cree and a red filter.. this may be the start of something glorious)

So as you can see, i've become a hopeless addict.. i guess you guys can understand that? :devil::devil:

Last edited:

Alteran

Enlightened
Where the grass is blue, up is down, and hamburger
I am very pleased to welcome you to CPF, and I am especially pleased to be the first one to say this: Watch your wallet, and when in doubt, buy both! 2 Very conflicting statements that have become the "official" phrases of CPF. Just FYI, the second one usually wins out. But you already know that. :nana:

I'm also pleased to learn I can use Times New Roman! Woo! It's been a good day for me. :D

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, tinyblob. You've got an excellent start on your collection. I recognize your name from EDCForums. Had a good laugh when I first saw it. :laughing:

Geoff

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Indeed welcome aboard!! As you migrated over to CPF, I migrated over to EDCForums (though I can't devote as much time to it due to my job here)! Just what I needed - another place to distract me from what I should be doing elsewhere!

"Procrastinators - Tomorrow's Leaders!"

tinyblob

Newly Enlightened
I recognize your name from EDCForums. Had a good laugh when I first saw it. :laughing:

You better not look at my business cards then ;)

A little update to my post.. Both the Ultrafire C2 and C3 arrived with me. So i have enough clickies to keep me happy, and i'm quite enjoying single mode lights (possibly because i'm a compulsive clicker!). The C2 is much smaller than i though, so now i definitely have to get myself a MRV :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fingers crossed that the rest arrive today or tomorrow.

Anyone have any recommendations for a light of comparable size and build to the huntlight (even a little bigger, i'm 6'4 so my pockets are large ;)) which could be EDC'd, is a clickie, LED based, and has a Low->High UI? Or am i asking a little too much here? :twothumbs

tinyblob

Newly Enlightened
Just waiting for the Luxogen and the Surefire now. Exciting!

tinyblob

Newly Enlightened
The Amilite Neo T5 uses a Seoul SSC, has a clicky, and the UI is off/low/high/off. It is a reverse clicky, but if you like the Ultrafires, then that shouldn't be a problem.

I like forward clickies (was playing with my P1D-CE Leef body last night), but i can live with reverse. I'll check the Amilite out, thanks!