need a D cell dummy

Reptilezs

Enlightened
im using 2d cells in a 3d mag for a mod im doing. i know it would be much easier to get a 2d mag but that costs money. so any good D dummy cells out there? i made one out of a wood dowel and some wire but i want a more robust version. mine is very crude

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
One "D" dummy cell would probably cost you if made nicely more than half of a new Mag :) The Black ones are $14 at home depot.

Mac

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's some for $5, but shipping might be a bear if that's all you order.
Here's one for $6 and it says free USPS first class shipping.

EDIT: Can't recommend the first link any more. It appears they have shut down since my last order from them. There is a Jeer on them and when I checked, I found their phone is disconnected now.I don't know why the web site is still up and, possibly, still taking orders.

Last edited:

litho123

Enlightened
I think if you take 2 plumbing copper end caps and tape them end-to-end, it will be just the right spacer length. I've done this and wrapped the outer edge with electrical tape from one end to the other.

It's cheap!

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite dummy cell core is an aluminum gutter nail/spike. They're about 1/4" dia. and the head becomes the (-) end. I usually make AA or 123 size with rubber hose jackets, but you could drill out a dowel and make a wood body as well for D size.

I redid my gutters with screws, and saved the removed nails. If you need some PM me. I think new ones are about $6/box of 10 at Home Depot.

Reptilezs

Enlightened
thread update: made a new d cell dummy with the help of a gutter spike from led zeppelin. the new dummy cell is more robust and is working great. some pics, you can probably tell which is v1 and v2

batt2.jpg

batt1.jpg