Wuben        

Thread: Why can't order out of stock item?

Flashaholic*

Default Why can\'t order out of stock item?

I wanted to order a AAA-LE with another purchase last night from Peter G's site. I know the LE's are (duh!) limited, but why not make it so I can just place my order and get it when it comes?

As a separate issue I'm undecided how I'd expect the shipping charged in the case where I was ordering it with something else that was in stock, since I'd know AAA-LE was out of stock prior to even placing the order. I'd think I should pay for the separate shipment.

Flashaholic

Default Re: Why can\'t order out of stock item?

Arc used to accept orders for backordered items, but I think there were some problems (people had to wait longer than expected and ended up unhappy if I remember right) so he changed the policy to only take orders for items when they were in stock. Sometimes it feels like a lottery when a rare item is finally stocked (you have to jump to get it) but it's true that people don't seem to get impatient or disappointed as much this way.

- Russ

p.s. I've been to Hingham a few times. Do you know where the Old Ship Church is? My college choir would sing there every fall as a kickoff for the new school year.

Flashaholic*

Thanks r2. I guess that's the better business solution for the majority.

Old Ship Church is right in the town center. I'm just a short walk from there and the ice cream shops! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    My wife grew up here and it's a great town though when I first heard about it I said "what?" because it's such a strange name.

Hey, I was born in Sharon, Mass. Anywhere near Hingham?

About 25 miles apart. I'm from Framingham, MA