New P3D and some problems..

socalrunner

Newly Enlightened
Just received my new P3d today.. I have tried 3 different sets of Primary cr123a batteries.. Surefire, Toshiba and Duracell and all have the same issues..

When in Turbo mode, the strobe function is the only thing that works.

In general mode Low -medium and sos work and if you cycle through a few times I will get high mode to work.. I compared the high mode with my l2d and it is noticeably less bright..

Is there anything I am overlooking or do I need to send it back?

Any input greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you got it from fenixstore.com, I would get in touch with David and see what he says. That is not normal behavior for the P3D. I have not used anything but the e2 Lithiums and mine does not behave that way.

Optik49

Enlightened
Seems like a few bad ones have been slipping through, send it back for a new one. You will have to wait for the shipping but I think you will love it, when you get one working correctly. Good luck.

z96Cobra

Enlightened
If you turn it on in "low" mode and then twist (tighten) the head, what happens? Does it go straight to strobe?

Roger

socalrunner

Newly Enlightened
Ok I went out and bought some new energizer batteries..

Here is a strange thing.. If I go from low - general mode and twist, it goes into turbo mode just fine.. Once I soft click or fully click it will only give me strobe.

The only way to get back to turbo mode is to back it off to low mode - general and then twist.. I also notice that I have to tighten the head much more snuggly than my l1d or l2d..

ensile

Enlightened
not another one.. i think the bloke on Q.C at fenix has gone on holiday.

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
I have to send mine back to Dave as well. Mine will stop doing Turbo all-together and only do "low" on turbo mode, and nothing at all on low mode. Dave is shipping me another one just in time for annual training for the Army National Guard. I'll have the brightest light there at least, hehe...

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, so many problems.. I wonder what is wrong, maybe a bad batch or something? Does this person who sells yours check each light before he sends them out? I say that because i found a place in the UK that decided to check each fenix cree before sending them out. With this many problems with fenix, i think its in sellers best interests to (as long as its not blister packed) check each one physically, and give em a burn test of 2 mins on max. I am very fortunate to always get good ones, i am sorry for you guys who have to send them back. Nothing worse than getting something in the mail and having to send it back and hope the next one is better. Anti-climax!