Angryfox        

Thread: Redressing the balance - to Peter

Default Redressing the balance - to Peter

Ok, so I was looking at my ARC LS earlier today and there's just no way this thing can give out max light for 2 hours I was thinking. So I tested it and here's my results using a brand new Duracell Ultra M3, stopping every half hour to check voltage:-

0:00 v. 3.11
    0:30 v. 2.89
    1:00 v. 2.89
    1:30 v. 2.89
    1:45 v. 2.83
    2:00 v. 2.76
    2:11 v. 2.65 - starting to flicker & lose brightness.

At no time did it get hot - infact can I suggest Peter that you change the warning from "Caution! HOT!" to "Caution! PLEASANTLY WARM!" [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Conclusion:

I own a torch that is smaller than my little finger and puts out regulated light that is brighter than my behemoth-sized Lucido C10 for over 2 hours.
    It's an absolute gem and my only regret is waiting this long to purchase it.

Now I know that I'm not telling you anything that you already didn't know, but after some of my earlier comments which weren't entirely complimentary I just felt I had to set the record straight.

Robin.

Flashaholic

Default Re: Redressing the balance - to Peter

Originally posted by dirobesh:

I own a torch that is smaller than my little finger
    Robin.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    My LS is BIGGER than my thumb and I'm 6'-230lbs! you must toss the caber quite a distance. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

GD

Oops - I meant it's shorter in length, not in width! I'm actually 6' 1 1/2" and weigh (I think) about 230-240lbs. And it's not the caber I toss.... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Are you sure that was a brand new Ultra? My new ultras measure 3.25-3.3 volts. I consider my Dl123's used at 3.1 volts and gets handed down for use with the KL1.

Just checked my other 2 ultras - one measures 3.10 and the other 3.01 !!! They're dated 2012 so they should be fresh but obviously aren't. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Originally posted by dirobesh:
    Ok, so I was looking at my ARC LS earlier today and there's just no way this thing can give out max light for 2 hours I was thinking. So I tested it and here's my results using a brand new Duracell Ultra M3, stopping every half hour to check voltage:-

0:00 v. 3.11
    0:30 v. 2.89
    1:00 v. 2.89
    1:30 v. 2.89
    1:45 v. 2.83
    2:00 v. 2.76
    2:11 v. 2.65 - starting to flicker & lose brightness.

At no time did it get hot - infact can I suggest Peter that you change the warning from "Caution! HOT!" to "Caution! PLEASANTLY WARM!" [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Conclusion:

I own a torch that is smaller than my little finger and puts out regulated light that is brighter than my behemoth-sized Lucido C10 for over 2 hours.
    It's an absolute gem and my only regret is waiting this long to purchase it.

Now I know that I'm not telling you anything that you already didn't know, but after some of my earlier comments which weren't entirely complimentary I just felt I had to set the record straight.

Robin.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A brand new 123-cell should yield about 3.26 volts news. I've seen them start as high at 3.28.

Yup Yup, I just sold a bunch of DL123's "used" because they were 2.8-3.1 volts

...and how wonderfully they work in all my LED lights! THANKS!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

How much does a 1 or 2 pack of the 123 cost? Alkaline? Lithium? Duracell or Energiser (maybe e2)?