LSH vs. Inova x5t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexus

Enlightened
Hi to everyone!

I've been lurking on this forum for quite a few months now, and an Arc LSH is the next light to buy.
So I wonder how it will compare to my x5t in terms of brightness, throw and color temperature. I think it's not as bluish as my x5t and probably brighter, right?

BTW: This forum is one of my EDF's (Every Day Forum
wink.gif
)

Sorry, if my English sucks, I'm German.

notos&w

Enlightened
ill let someone better qualified answer your questions but wanted to say "welcome!" and your english is just fine.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Arc LS is going to be brighter by about twice. As to color, you know about the blueness on the X5TW. Well, the LS's are a bit of a gamble. They seem to be getting better on the colors but you may get a Greenie. Not many of them are a hard blue. They tend towards a softer white. I hope this helps.

Lexus

Enlightened
About twice as bright is more than I had thought. Btw do you mean twice as much lumens or candela? Lumens is total light output, i think and candela is probably output in a certain direction (correct me, if I'm wrong!).
Smaller and brighter then my pocket-rocketlauncher and regulated too. Sounds really like a "must-have-light". Would you suggest buying an Arc LS1 or LS2? The more focused hot spot of the LS2 is what I am looking for, but what about that sqarish beam? Is it very noticeable or only a bit?
Sorry, I'm asking a little much, but my head is full of questions and an Arc LS is no cheap light, so I'll ask a few questions before I get one. Ah...and thanks for your fast replies, you have helped me already a little!

spinkid

Newly Enlightened
Lexus, I have both lights, and the LSH using 2AA battery holder with "el cheapo's" is about twice as bright. It is also much whiter than my X5T. With both lights aimed on top of each other, you can barely notice the Inova is on at all. To my 30 year old test equipment (my eyes)
smile.gif
the LSH I have is about as perfect as I could of hoped. I could also shine the beam over 75 feet and put a spot on the side of my garage (A large spot, but a spot none the less) Not like an E2x type of spot but a flood with a noticable spot in the center of it. Remember that for the most part with Luxeon's it is the luck of the draw, but ARC is quite strict with the binning process. I thought my LS1 Rev2 was bright, but the LSH wins in brightness, throw, and color. I am quite pleased. Just noticed your square-ish beam question. You could notice it is squarish, but when used in the field it is not noticable to me. If you want beam shots, I could probably take some tonight or tomorrow night and e-mail some to you, but my photos leave a bit to be desired. Good Luck and welcome

dirobesh

Enlightened
spinkid, how much brighter is your LSH than your LS1 REV2? Is it sufficient to be worth upgrading?

spinkid

Newly Enlightened
dirobesh, Without actual test equipment, I could not answer that exactly. I would venture out and say in the ballpark of 25 percent. It has more throw then the LS1 Rev 2, and is noticable whiter when compared on a white wall. But the difference in color is less obvious when the light is pointed down a trail. As for upgrading, if you already have a LS, I would get the LSH and have both maybe with 2 different battery configurations. If you are trying to decide which to get, get both.
smile.gif
Honestly if you don't have the LS1 Rev 2, then I would get the LSH. The difference in price justifies the beam difference.

LLLean

Enlightened
My LSH-P is much brighter compared to my Inova 5XT. It out-throws the Inova significantly, and the light is white; Inova's is definitely bluish. The star-shaped hotspot is not an issue at all. It's not distractive at all. It's only noticeable if you shine it one a white wall say at 1-3 feet. That's not what we do in everyday use. And shone at a distance, it'll look round.

Lexus

Enlightened
Just ordered an LSH-P directly from Arc, can't wait to get it (who can?). When it arrives, I'll post my first impressions. Thanks for all the nice information!

ViciousCycle74

Newly Enlightened
I have an X5, and a LS1. The color on the X5 is actually whiter than my arc. The LS1 has a blueish hot spot with a greenish corona. As to brightness, it's pretty much a toss up with fresh batteries in the X5; the LS1 definitely throws further, with a tighter beam

Status
Not open for further replies.