Rexlight w/no serial #

BillMPL

Newly Enlightened
If I'm not mistaken, the original description of the rexlights was that the pre production run would be numbered. From what I saw, the first ones did, and now the most recent ones do, but mine, (which I received about 6 weeks ago), has no serial number or any other printing on the head.:oops:
Just another rexlight mistake I guess, but I'm curious how many others didn't get a serial number on theirs?

Last edited:

wwglen

Enlightened
I haven't gotten mine but another case of not getting what was promised with the Rexlight.

1. Flicker on low
2. Bad circuit operation on 1-AA
3. No 2-AA tube as first stated
4. Circuit doesn't operate with 2-AA anyway
5. Different color
6. Not delivered when promised

I will NEVER buy anything else from Kia.

wwglen

axolotls

Enlightened
If I'm not mistaken, the original description of the rexlights was that the pre production run would be numbered. From what I saw, the first ones did, and now the most recent ones do, but mine, (which I received about 8 weeks ago), has no serial number or any other printing on the head.:oops:
Just another rexlight mistake I guess, but I'm curious how many others didn't get a serial number on theirs?

*shrugs* mine hasn't shipped yet....

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Add one more to the list of false claims - AR coated lens was advertised but they are not - or at least the one I have does not have AR coating. I just wonder how many people here know how to tell the difference.

Weskix

Newly Enlightened
Add one more to the list of false claims - AR coated lens was advertised but they are not - or at least the one I have does not have AR coating. I just wonder how many people here know how to tell the difference.

I would say anyone who has ever owned a pair of binoculars, a riflescope, or any family memebers who wear eye glasses could probably be able to tell.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say anyone who has ever owned a pair of binoculars, a riflescope, or any family memebers who wear eye glasses could probably be able to tell.

You would hope. The reason I said that is that from what I've read and posted in the last 2 days I seem to be the only one who has noted that it does not have an AR coating. I just found your post on the other Rexlight thread stating that it was noted at lightreviews.info that it does NOT have the AR coating. Thanks - that confirms that others are like this also. I was just suprised no one else here had mentioned it that I had seen.

BillMPL

Newly Enlightened
To be honest, I hadn't looked at it before. After examining the lens now, I'd have to say it does not have the AR coating. I noticed at Kaidomain an update on 5/28/07 saying they've added an improved AR coating. Maybe that means they finally added it in the first place. :ohgeez:

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 2 both have serial #. No AR coating as far as I can see though....

Otherwise they are nice utility lights. I haven't quite gotten used to the UI, 5 seconds is ages...

One will go in my BOB and I will probably give the other to somebody who isn't spoiled by Seoul modded HDS lights;)

BillMPL

Newly Enlightened
So am I the only one who received a rexlight with no serial number, or any writing for that matter, on the head? So far nobody else has come forward. There must have been a batch produced without the serial numbers. I'd like to get an idea of how many slipped through with no writing on the head.
(Maybe mine really is a collector's item!)

Bill