Reason #1,427,954 to Lanyard Your Lights!

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was using my Inova X1 to inspect the workings inside the cistern of my toilet, after my wife discovered a no-flush condition. My hands got wet while reconnecting the chain between the internal half of the flush lever and the flapper valve. Alas, wet hands and the smooth finish of my X1 turned out to be my undoing. A slip, a splash, and into the bowl it went. My X1 had ventured where no flashlight had gone before. I am not the squeamish sort, so after a semi-smothered oath I reached in and retrieved it. My wife walked in while I was washing the flashlight and my hands. The look on her face told me she knew what had happened and would laugh when she got out of my hearing, but she didn't say anything. One of the many reasons I fell in love with this woman.

Lessons I learned:

Use the lanyard on my flashlights, they're there for a reason.
Close the toilet lid.
Add grip tape to Inova X1.
Bend the little hook on the end of the flush chain over so it can't slip off the flush lever.
Teach the wife how to fix these things.

:buddies:

hawkz

Newly Enlightened
At my work, after every sprint (2 weeks of work), we also do a "lessons learned." I like your last lesson. :)

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashights are routinely subjected to the humiliation of toilet cistern testing at The Led Museum. Such as this one :D

Maybe I wasn't specific enough, but the X1 went in the bowl, not the cistern. After use and before flush. :sick2:

:buddies:

Frank_Zuccarini

Newly Enlightened
If you weren't specific enough originally, you definately are now.

"After use and before flush." Yuck, but I'd do the same for my light.

Frank

GreySave

Enlightened
<< "After use and before flush." >>

Think of it this way. One "after use" product is actually sterile to begin with, the other is not. You had a 50-50 chance of being "lucky," so to speak. Beyond that, all I can say us.....

:eeew:

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Umm, the sterile after use byproduct is less likely to cause an um, "no-flush" condition than the other, which I would say tips the odds past 50-50!
daloosh

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
HAHAHAHAHA

If only I could have washed off the "few" cell phones that had the same fate. I'm very lucky to work for Sprint and get my phone fixed for free but...

When you drop... fumble fumble... splash... there is no bigger DUH!!! moment!!

:)

DaveG

Enlightened
Just remember not to use that light as a" bite light" when using both hands.:)