Seamonkey Web Browser & CPF

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any Seamonkey users here? I started using it recently at home on Linux and out on the road and at work on those windows XXX thing-a-ma-jigs. :nana: I have noticed one odd behaviour thing with it.

Linux (Ubuntu 6.10, Gnome desktop)
When I go to CPF, my login box is filled with my login but I am not automatically logged on. I told it to remember the login when I first used the browser at CPF.

windoez xxxP (Pro, Service pack 2, Home and Tablet PC, all the bases as it were)
Login is automatic. As it is with FireFox on both computer platforms.

Question is this: Anybody else notice this here or other sites. I am sure it happens elsewhere. Only Linux? not Windowz. Not a biggie and I am certain it is a browser specific glitch.

I switched to Seamonkey when the last update of Firefox had some goofy issues. One week later they seem to have issued another update to Firefox so that might be fixed.

PS Seamonkey and Firefox still can't render the Google Search box at the top of these pages without putting the frame line in parts it should not. I'm guessing Netscape will be the same as they are all from the same basic group. They have small issues with some graphics on many pages.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use seamonkey (I prefer it over Firefox because it's slightly less memory-hungry and I like its layout a bit more).
I have never had such problems, not even with CPF... until a few days ago.
Now it never remembers me and I have to re-login every time.
I'm guessing it's due to the problems CPF had recently.
I'm on windows, by the way.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been having that problem with the latest Firefox as well. I'd have to log back in intermittently.

I'll try to clear my cookies to see if that helps.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have the issue at work but we have been running ccleaner since we put the new system up. I will try the cookie thing at home.

Problem with Seamonkey I found is it updated me automatically but did not pull the bookmarks over to the new update. The wonderful world of Linux. :p