Evil (Or Maybe Saintly) Deed I Committed With A Flashlight (that I'll admit to)...

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Evil (Or Maybe Saintly) Deed I Committed With A Flashlight (that I\'ll admit to)...

The digital pictures at the following link were taken with the aid of a Tac-M III 2-lithium xenon light with pressure switch on the tailcap (thus experiencing none of the dreaded tailcap switch problems), plus a Poly Stinger for additional light (WARNING -- click link at own risk -- not for the squeamish):
http://www.ratkill.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?s=3cd331c04623ffff;act=ST;f=9;t=7

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Evil (Or Maybe Saintly) Deed I Committed With A Flashlight (that I\'ll admit to)...

"...Tac-M III 2-lithium xenon light with pressure switch on the tailcap (thus experiencing none of the dreaded tailcap switch problems)"

Charlie, tell us about the tailcap switch. I was sent a TACM3 just recently for eval and a clickie switch shortly thereafter arrived as well.

Uhmm, a rat hunting bulletin board...interesting.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Evil (Or Maybe Saintly) Deed I Committed With A Flashlight (that I\'ll admit to)...

Craig,
DON'T click on that link ......

A pet rat owner might not like to see it
shocked.gif

lightlover

Empath

Flashaholic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MR Bulk™:
not for the squeamish <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The word "squeamish" is supposed to indicate a lack of normality and having unreasonably excessive feelings and compassion. It's an interesting word, but improperly applied here. Might I suggest you use the phrase "for the calloused only"?
frown.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've shot a couple of farm rats in my high school years living in rural Vermont, though with a .22 not an airgun. Since then I have seen a few pretty amazingly smart pet rats. Without debating the cause of shooting rats, I probably couldn't shoot them myself anymore. I know I couldn't shoot a cat unless only under humane circumstances. Fortunately I don't have to worry about either of these circumstances coming up but it does bring back memories of a younger time and how I felt at the time as opposed to now.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kogatana:
"...Tac-M III 2-lithium xenon light with pressure switch on the tailcap (thus experiencing none of the dreaded tailcap switch problems)"

Charlie, tell us about the tailcap switch. I was sent a TACM3 just recently for eval and a clickie switch shortly thereafter arrived as well.

Uhmm, a rat hunting bulletin board...interesting.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kogatana,

Here is a picture of it mounted on my ratting gun:
http://communities.msn.com/e5qmoda/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=64

Unlike most momentary switches I've encountered in my 19 years on the force, this one requires only a very light touch -- not good for covert ops since it has a tendency to activate at the most inopportune moments. But for repeated depressions throughout the night, it certainly saves wear and tear on the ol' fingertips. For a heftier switch I usually use the rugged units from TacStar -- they make them more for the MiniMag units though. I've not seen them for SFs or related lights. The Tac-M III switch is proprietary, made by the same manufacturer as their light, although I THINK they started out trying to clone a better SF anyway so the threads may even fit. I've never tried it.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey lightlover, Empath, and Geepondy,

Please bear in mind that I only partake in this kind of stuff at the requests and/or sanctions of the landowners; I never take a life needlessly, be it animal or...

The rats in these cases have grown in such boggling numbers that their very existence threatens the health and well-being of humans who work and reside in adjacent areas. To show you how much help those poor folks can require at times, click on this (Warning: only for the Well-Calloused among us): http://communities.msn.com/e5qmoda/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=10

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Charlie,
Thanks for the photo. It is a different switch from the one that I am currently evaluating. I'll post some photos of that one, too.

I'm aware and appalled about the rodent population there. I was just in Ewa Beach a few months ago.

DonL

Enlightened

Having lived all my life in and/or just outside of Detroit, I can attest how bad rats can get at times.
tongue.gif

While it may seem calloused, I think it's a good night's work, Mr. Bulk.

(I won't get into a friend stalking around a "really big friggen' rat" at the plant that he worked at, only to find two weeks later it was a possum.
rolleyes.gif
)

[off topic] If you ever run into Keola Beemer or Ledward Kaapana, please give our regards and let them know they have some big fans in Michigan.
smile.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not a problem for myself, either. Just not sure if I'd post pictures. I had an air gun in high school. A .22 pellet gun as opposed to the ever popular BB/.177 (if memory is correct) combination guns. Next time I am in the deep woods of Vermont visiting my parent's, I'll haul it out of the closet and see exactly what it is. It is over 20 years old at this point.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by geepondy:
Not a problem for myself, either. Just not sure if I'd post pictures. I had an air gun in high school. A .22 pellet gun as opposed to the ever popular BB/.177 (if memory is correct) combination guns. Next time I am in the deep woods of Vermont visiting my parent's, I'll haul it out of the closet and see exactly what it is. It is over 20 years old at this point.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you find out and if you want to sell it, lemme know -- I'd probably take it!

I like old airguns (if they're working)...

LLLean

Enlightened

I am not suggesting i am for or against
shooting rats, but please don't post the pix here. This is a flashlights website, not a 'show them my dead rats' site.

Much thanks...

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mr. Bulk,

Thanks for helping out with the rodent population here. Causing alot of trouble for the native bird population (whatever is left of it anyway).

Those pictures were taken without a flash, and just with the lights?

Aloha

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice shots Mr. Bulk!

When I airhunt at night I take some far away shots aiming between the eyes of the rats at above 50 yards, sometimes I get lucky and see one eye go out immediately after the shot, It´s challenging to say the least.

Great pícs, but maybe not everyone here will like them, My sugestion is to put some further warning before the URL.

Alex

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

...Moved to Cafe...

--dan

Status
Not open for further replies.