McE2S resistor swap

Brizzler

Newly Enlightened
So I got myself a McTC with a 30Ohm McE2S from the Shoppe to go on my newly Seouled E1L with Mc20S... Great little package (anodise mismatch interesting but its the functionality that matters!), the closest I've come to a perfect EDC...

BUT...:ohgeez:

The low level is very low (dimmer than non-premium Arc AAA) which obviously has its uses but I would prefer the light to be putting out something comparable to the middle two level on my HDS B42 (luxIII).

SO...

I would in principle like to change to a 22Ohm resistor. How might I go about this? Can I just swap out the resistor - if so where do I find the part I need? Or is the best option to try to trade my assembled McE2S for someone elses with the lower resistor value?:thinking:

Any help much appreciated...

ROK

Enlightened
McE2S used 1206(3216 in mm) size resistor.

Disassemble the switch and check the resistors.
If it has 2*60ohm, add one 60ohm resistor.
You can get 20ohm switch.

You can use similar value resistor because this is not precision control.

Last edited:

Brizzler

Newly Enlightened
Cheers Rok for your reply. I've had a quick look at the switch and it appears to have two resistors so I assume its the 2*60Ohm arrangement you mention. However, I also came to the conclusion that given the minute size of the resistors my soldering skills are not up to the job :sigh:. Therefore I will try to find someone who can trade or sell me the resistor board with a lower resistance....

Brizzler

Newly Enlightened
Update: Icarus was able to make me a 22ohm resistor board for a good price- it's great. :goodjob::thanks:

Just wondering: what sort of runtime using the 22ohm low level and 1*CR123, KL1 stock circuit powering an SSC P4 can I expect before the output drops noticably?