Kel-Lite C-PL-4 LED upgrade?

SMcGill

Newly Enlightened
I have a Kel-Lite C-PL-4 flashlight with a slider switch that holds 4 C cells. Does anyone know if there is a drop-in style LED module or bulb that I could swap out for the incan bulb? Thank you.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Is it a PR base? if yes then this upgrade should work(you can also mod it with a Seoul P4). The Terralux upgrades might work(I'd recommend this one if it fits). if all you want is LED then this should work with 2 dummy cells.

SMcGill

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the response. The bulb says CM PR13. I do not know a lot about these type of lights, but I am assuming that would make this bulb a PR base? It is a 4 "C" battery light. I saw a 3 watt LED upgrade from Mag at Walmart, would that be any good, and would it fit I wonder?

SMcGill

Newly Enlightened
I also took out the lens, and it is made of plastic. It measures 22mm at the diameter. Glass would be nice. Please let me know what you all think the best replacement setup would be, both bulb and lens. Thank you.

entendu

Newly Enlightened
If its a PR base you might consider the Everled replacement. 5 star rating ! See this site for more info as well as a link to a review are at http://www.ledsupply.com/evflbu.php

Don't have any suggestions for a replacement lens. I found a small hardware store that still cuts glass and the man cut a replacement lens for an old flashlight.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any PR base LED upgrade will fit, as will any lens the same diameter and rough thickness. The Mag upgrades aren't bad for what they are.

Not sure I'd bother with glass, but if you do they're easy enough to find. Like flashlightlens.com

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If its a PR base you might consider the Everled replacement. 5 star rating ! See this site for more info as well as a link to a review are at http://www.ledsupply.com/evflbu.php

Don't have any suggestions for a replacement lens. I found a small hardware store that still cuts glass and the man cut a replacement lens for an old flashlight.

The EverLEDs are still using 1w Luxeons. Until they bring us a P4 EverLED, I wouldn't recommend them. Other than their output, though, they're great! I've got two modded ones from Arc Mania, and I'm really satisfied.

Litemania used to call himself Etendu -- are you him? Edit: Never mind, your English shows that you are obviously not him. (it isn't his native tongue) It's interesting that you chose the same name as he used to use. What does it mean?

Last edited: