New Wolf Eyes Digital Cree 4 mode

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Announcing the New Wolf Eyes Digital Cree 4 mode with 3 light levels and strobe. :twothumbs

To switch the modes, press the button switch until you find the mode you want and then press a little harder until it clicks. By the way, this function works vary nice! And yes the WE Digital D26 Cree can also drop-in to most lights that take a P60/P90 bulb. I've all ready tried it in a G2 and it works great!

There will also be a special 2 mode model for weapons applications (170 lumen plus strobe) :xyxgun: :grin2:

Available around the beginning of July in D26 and D36 3.7-6V and 3.7-13V

The WE Digital Cree multi levels work by MCU and not PWM.

Specifications for Cree P4 HO 3.7-6V D26/36:

Brightness:170 lumens(maximum stage)

Runtime:

With 1 X LRB 168A Rechargeable batteries:
full brightness stage: 110 minutes with regulated output ; 30 minutes with unregulated output
20% brightness stage: the runtime is more than 550 minutes
2% brightness stage: the runtime is more than 5500 minutes
Strobe: 220 minutes with regulated output; more than 30 minutes with unregulated

With 2 X CR123A primary batteries:
full brightness stage: 80 minutes with regulated output ; 4 hours with unregulated output.
20% brightness stage: the runtime is more than 400 minutes
2% brightness stage: the runtime is more than 4000 minutes
Strobe: 160 minutes with regulated output; about 8 hours with unregulated output

Some pictures for ya!
WE D Cree1.jpg

WE D Cree2.jpg

Last edited:

Frank_Zuccarini

Newly Enlightened
I can't seem to find any of the Wolf Eyes Cree Lamp Assemblies on the PTS web site.

Can you please explain to me how to find them?

Thanks................Frank

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
I can't seem to find any of the Wolf Eyes Cree Lamp Assemblies on the PTS web site.

Can you please explain to me how to find them?

Thanks................Frank
Hi Frank,
We have not added them to our website yet but will add them when they become available. I want to hold off on pre-orders, too much to keep track of. :laughing:

jbviau

Enlightened
Yup, this sounds great.

Mike, a G2 with this drop-in would lose its momentary on/off capability since each press would change the mode, right? Also, with the tailcap turned to constant on, would you always get the 100% mode or just the last mode that you'd selected before you turned the light off the last time you used it?

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Yup, this sounds great.

Mike, a G2 with this drop-in would lose its momentary on/off capability since each press would change the mode, right? Also, with the tailcap turned to constant on, would you always get the 100% mode or just the last mode that you'd selected before you turned the light off the last time you used it?
Hi jbviau,
In my G2 I can press the momentary until I find the mode I want then screw the tail cap tight and you have constant on in the mode you choose. As far as I can tell there is nothing lost running in a Surefire G2.

Flash007

Enlightened
Have already asked this question to Tina Song 2 days ago.

" Q : Is the regulation PWM (lower modes flickering ?) ? Or current regulation ? Current regulation will be the best solution.

A : I checked this point with our engineers, they combined the technique of PWM regulation and current regulation as the lamps cannot realize strobe function by current regulation only.
The Digital Cree 3,7V-6V dropin with multi levels is realized by MCU. It is technical issue. In fact I don't know much about it."

I think it's current regulated + PWM only for the strobe function.
Don't know however if it's technically possible.

Mike, maybe you'll have more details from Wolf-Eyes.

:)

JeffW

Newly Enlightened
There will also be a special 2 mode model for weapons applications (170 lumen plus strobe) :xyxgun: :grin2:

COOL !!!!!

Dark Vapor

Newly Enlightened
Hiya Mikey,

Can I safely assume that the new Cree 4 mode (C4M) HO D36 3.7-6V LA will fit in the Explorer 6M? And if it does, will this LA with the 6M turbo bezel fit in the Sniper body? The reason for the second question is that the bezel end of the 2 bodies are slightly different. Are the bodies the same length without the bezels and tailcaps? 'cause if they are, then I can just get the 6M bezel and the C4M.

Or I'll do like some of the others here, when in doubt, buy the light. Say, maybe you could give me a special deal. . .(nah, nah - just joking).

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds great,might make a great module for use in a police duty light. Mike sent you a PM with a few questions about the 2 mode module.

fespo276

Newly Enlightened
This sounds great. I am waiting for this to come out for my SF M2 duty light.

Flash007

Enlightened
I use the 3,7V-13V 130 lumens Wolf-Eyes Cree dropin in my Surefire M2.
It fits with no problem.

Height is lower than the Dealextreme Cree $12,50 (wich fits also with no gap in Surefire M2).

JKL

Enlightened
Announcing the New Wolf Eyes Digital Cree 4 mode with 3 light levels and strobe. :twothumbs

There will also be a special 2 mode model for weapons applications (170 lumen plus strobe)

Very interesting :twothumbs

KeeperSD

Enlightened

Mike
Just out of curiosity, how is this considered a weapons application model? :thinking: Why would someone want a strobe on their weapon? Wouldn't a low/high output light be more appropriate for a weapon application?

Depusm, here is a link to some beam shots of the new two stage, which gives you an idea of the 20% and the 100%, no joy on the strobe or the 2% unfortunately, sorry.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/165790

Great to see WE get into the multi level light market, the four stage should be right up some buyers alley, and will offer a great alternative for people. Also good to see WE keep up to date with the market and technology.

IdahoDoug

Newly Enlightened
The strobe feature is coming into greater use by law enforcement due to the ability of a powerful strobe to disrupt linear thinking, and cause balance issues in a suspect. I've played with one and when you shine a strobe at someone combined with a red dot laser site it's quite effective and puts the light/gun holder in a control situation that a plain light may not.

DougM